PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Operating Hours

Disney_Barbie
07-30-2012, 09:38 AM
OK, this upcoming trip is our first to a monorail resort & I want to make sure I’m understanding Monorail operating hours correctly :
We’re staying at the Contemporary. One night of our stay, the Magic Kingdom is only open until 7pm, but Epcot is open until 9pm. We intend to spend this evening at the Grand Floridian or Polynesian. In this situation would the “resort monorail” continue to operate until 10pm? My reasoning is that Epcot is open until 9, some guest would leave epcot take the monorail back to the ticket & transportation center then switch to the resort monorail to get back to their resort… perhaps the resort monorail will just not make the magic kingdom stop after 8pm ??? But can I count on taking the Resort Monorail from GF or Poly home to the Contemporary until 10pm?

Also, side questions : what are the operating hours of the boat that runs from the WL to Contemporary to Magic Kingdom – does that stop running 1 hr after the magic kingdom closes?

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-30-2012, 11:41 AM
No. From what I understand, both the resort and the express monorail stop running 1 hours after MK closure.

For the guests visiting Epcot, they would have to take a bus back to the resort, instead of using the monorail. I'd plan on taking a cab back to the resort, or if you have a car, just driving over instead of using Disney transport.

As for the boat, I believe it is 1 hour after closing too!