PDA

View Full Version : CBR Pool Question

Asharitt
07-29-2012, 11:41 PM
We will be staying for the first time at CBR in October. I have 8 yr son and 20 month baby. Is it true they do not allow children over 48 inches tall in the pirate kid pool area? I was so disappointed when I read this because my son is tall for his age, do they ever allow any of the bigger kids in there if its not crowded?

AgentC
07-30-2012, 12:08 AM
:welcome: to Intercot.

We stayed at CBR in July. The pirate area had a gate around it and there is a height chart with a sign saying it is for children under 48 inches. However my 6 year old is slightly over 48 inches. He went into the area to play with his sister multiple times on different days with different life guards and none of them said anything to him. The kid's area was not especially crowded when we were there. I suppose if it was very crowded, they could put someone at the gate.

4boysmom
07-30-2012, 01:14 PM
I am so happy I saw this post before we got to CBR in September. I didn't know there was an age/height restriction on playing in the pirate area of the pool. This was really the main reason we were staying at CBR. Our DS is 8 years old and almost 54" in height so he would not have been able to play there. I wasn't thrilled to be staying at CBR in the first place because we always stay at POR, but I was going along with DH and DS because they thought we should try somewhere new and were excited about the pool. Needless to say after reading this, I called this morning and switched our reservation to POR. I am excited all over again for our trip knowing that we are going back to POR!:mickey:

brownie
07-30-2012, 01:18 PM
:welcome:

Asharitt, welcome to INTERCOT!

BIGDOG
07-31-2012, 11:32 AM
I have never seen anyone at the gate or even a lifeguard at the pirate pool checking height. I'm sure there would be no problem especially seeing they are brothers and need to be together.