PDA

View Full Version : Country Bears Refurb!

darthmacho
07-29-2012, 04:13 PM
I was just on the WDW site to check park hours, and noticed this: Country Bear Jamboree - Closed For Refurbishment [ Wednesday, August 22 - Tuesday, October 16 ]

I'm glad I noticed this, because I was planning on doing Frontierland later in the week, but now I'll be sure to fit it in on our first MK day when we're doing Fantasyland and Liberty Square. Lucky for me, it's the first attraction just beyond Liberty Square, so it won't be out of the way.

I just wanted to share this info in case anyone was going during these dates, :mickey:

faline
07-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Yes, this refurbishment was announced a while ago.

You can track current refurbishments here. (http://intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp)

MaterializedHaunt
07-29-2012, 04:55 PM
all I have to say is... ABOUT TIME! This has be LONG overdue! Can't wait to see (and hear) how it looks when it's done. :D

Quadstriker
07-29-2012, 05:05 PM
That's good. It really needed some love.

VWL Mom
07-29-2012, 05:17 PM
I wonder if they're changing it or just sprucing it up.

Strmchsr
07-29-2012, 05:38 PM
I wonder if they're changing it or just sprucing it up.

There hasn't been an official announcement, but the rumor I heard was that they will actually be cutting about 5 min of showtime with this refurb. My friend is generally in the know on this kind of stuff, but she isn't directly involved in this refurb so could be wrong about it.

Main Street Jim
07-29-2012, 05:45 PM
There hasn't been an official announcement, but the rumor I heard was that they will actually be cutting about 5 min of showtime with this refurb. My friend is generally in the know on this kind of stuff, but she isn't directly involved in this refurb so could be wrong about it.That kinda stinks :-/ I wonder what could be cut. Most of the songs are about a minute or so, so they'd be cutting out quite a bit...it's only about a 15-minute show to begin with.

Altair
07-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Less show means less wait. It's what everyone wants.:(
It will be called "FastAttraction", by reducing each attraction by 5 minutes they can save guests an hour or two per day wait time. They are always trying to please.

MaterializedHaunt
07-29-2012, 07:10 PM
As long as they dont cut Big Al! He's my favorite! :thumbsup:

azcavalier
07-30-2012, 09:33 AM
I saw this thread, and my first thought was "maybe they'll get rid of it!". Oh well. ANY changes would be an improvement, I think.

They could always replace it with "Stitch's Great Jamboree"!

Seasonscraps
07-30-2012, 01:22 PM
That's good. It really needed some love.

I agree. We saw the show back in May and I could barely understand some of the words.

Bobby T
07-30-2012, 04:57 PM
I noticed this a while ago too, and sadly it is my 2 and 1/2 year old daughters favorite thing to do at WDW. Looks like we might be taking the long way around to get to Peco's Bill's this September.

darthmacho
07-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Aw, I think this show is perfect the way it is. I wouldn't mind a refurb, but any cuts would be disappointing to me.

Kairi_7378
07-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Glad to see that you will be able to see the Bears on your trip. Give them a wave from me, since they will be under refurb during our visit!