PDA

View Full Version : Closing In!

darthmacho
07-29-2012, 04:07 PM
21 days until arrival!
14 work shifts until vacation!
11 days until on-line check-in!

It's both coming up fast, and taking forever to get here. Some things to which I'm looking forward...

...exploring Pop Century
...riding the new Dumbo
...riding Toy Story Mania for the first time
...eating at Artist Point for the first time since 1999
...watching Illuminations from La Hacienda
...lunch at Yak and Yeti
...dinner at Ohana for the first time
...riding Soarin again
...lunch at T-Rex
...a second day at DHS
...Kilimanjaro Safaris
...Via Napoli for dinner
...laughing about Stitch with my kids

and...
...having my first schoolbread
...Tie-dye cheesecake
...14 days of only WDW

Sorry if these are things I've mentioned before. I just can't stop talking about it, and my family doesn't seem to share my enthusiasm. They're glad we're going, but when I ask them what they're looking forward to, they just shrug...

faline
07-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Enjoy! :mickey:

mgmnut
07-29-2012, 04:59 PM
How exciting!!

I love the last few weeks, especially when the countdown starts like 7 months out.

We have 27 more days to go ourselves.

The kids were acting up about 4 months back, typical 14 year olds. I told them I had cancelled the trip and have still never told them I realy hadn't. They think all they have to look forward to now is going back to school (1st year HS). Was going to let them in on it at the 30 day mark but still have not, and may not until a week or so out.

I'm liking your list Darth and I am lreally ooking forward to a few of the same things myself.

Yak and Yeti (tried last trip and loved it)
Exploring a new resort (ours is OKW, never been)
riding TSM for 1st time (missed out last trip )
Kilimanjaro Safari (can't get enough)
Soarin (one of my top fav's, DW's absolute fav)

I'm also really looking forward to:
Mickey Bars
Turkey Legs
Burgers at Pacos Bills
Grazing World showcase
(catching on to the food trend?)
POTC
HM
Splash
Disney Quest
RnR
ToT
Great Movie Ride (Makes me remember my step dad who passed away a couple years ago)

And mostly relaxing for 8 days and leaving the every day madness behind

What is school bread? I hear everyone talking about it. What is it like? Where do you get it?

darthmacho
07-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Awesome! Enjoy! Just some thoughts about your list...

Yak and Yeti (tried last trip and loved it) Same here, I'm hoping to make it a tradition. I love the mango pie!

Exploring a new resort (ours is OKW, never been) We always explore the home resort on our first day, but with 14 days, we'll really get to explore Pop Century!

riding TSM for 1st time (missed out last trip )
We did too. It was being refurbed.

Kilimanjaro Safari (can't get enough)
Me neither! I'll go on as long as my family will go with me.

Soarin (one of my top fav's, DW's absolute fav)
I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

I'm also really looking forward to:
Mickey Bars
Turkey Legs
Burgers at Pacos Bills
Grazing World showcase
(catching on to the food trend?)
POTC
HM
Splash
Disney Quest
RnR
ToT
Love all of these, but will not be doing Disneyquest.

Great Movie Ride (Makes me remember my step dad who passed away a couple years ago) Condolences. This is a very underrated ride.

And mostly relaxing for 8 days and leaving the every day madness behind Absolutely!

What is school bread? I hear everyone talking about it. What is it like? Where do you get it?
It's a pastry that you can get at the Norway Pavilion bakery. I've never had it, but suggest you google an image of it, and you'll understand why it's on my radar, unless of course, you happen not to like coconut.

mook3y
07-29-2012, 06:18 PM
21 days until arrival!

It's both coming up fast, and taking forever to get here. Some things to which I'm looking forward...

I had to laugh at this. I should of figured I wasn't the only one who broke it down like this. Last week, I figured out the number of work days left. I like this number much better! since I am taking 10 days to go to the lake soon, taking my birthday off and Labor day.

I am 34 shifts away from our vacation :D.

We also have some of the same/similar on our list!

...riding the new Dumbo
...riding Toy Story Mania for the 2ndtime
...eating at Hoop Dee Doo for the first
...riding Soarin again
...lunch at T-Rex
...a second day at DHS
...Kilimanjaro Safaris

and...
...16 days of only WDW

Sorry if these are things I've mentioned before. I just can't stop talking about it, and my family doesn't seem to share my enthusiasm. They're glad we're going, but when I ask them what they're looking forward to, they just shrug...

Aww... that is what were here for! :mickey:

I am fortunate that my family loves to talk about it. Starting about a week ago, my DS3 started asking me every day if we can talk about our Disneyworld vacation :cloud9: lol.

Wednesday night he woke up at 2am in the morning - I get home around midnight, so was still up. He came up and asked if we could talk about Disneyworld. So, we ended up talking for over a half hour - at 2 am.... with him. :blush: It was too cute, we just couldn't resist not making him go back to bed.

barnaby
07-29-2012, 07:51 PM
I will be at Pop in 27 days, arriving on August 26th. 20 work days for me. :D

My family is as into it as me. We've been talking about it, watching WDW DVDs, and generally wishing we were there already.

I'm looking forward to:
Checking out Pop for the first time
Conquering Everast and the Yeti again
Walking down Main Street and seeing the Castle
Hearingthe eerie "Dead men tell no tales"
Seeing the Endless Hallway
That funny feeling you get in stomach on TOT
Smiling as I watch Wishes with my family

Dopey's Girl
07-29-2012, 08:15 PM
You found the right group to share your enthusiasm with! I love the days leading up to a trip, especially when there has been some time between trips!

I always break my time down into work/non work days too..

So excited for you! You have been talking about this trip for so long, can't believe it's nearly here!

pdrlkr
07-29-2012, 11:21 PM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

darthmacho
07-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Don't get me wrong, my kids, in particular, are excited about going to WDW, and I imagine my DW is too, they're just not as obsessed as I am.

Glad to have people on these forums that are just like me! :hug:

vizsla
07-31-2012, 04:57 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

tinksmom02
07-31-2012, 07:35 PM
I only have 19 days to go! :mickey: We'll also be at POP.

Looking forward to all our favorites: 'Ohana, Dole Whip Floats, riding the mountains at MK and Everest at AK, Soarin', etc.

Also can't wait to see the new sections of Fantasyland (can you believe we were there in June & never made it back there?) and to visit Sci Fi Dine-In again, it's been several years (DD's request).

Can't wait!

RedSoxFan
07-31-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm sure you will have a fantastic time.
We have 107 days to go.
DD 15 (she will be 16 when we go) is so excited that you think she's never been before. It's all she talks about.:mickey:

Crow
08-01-2012, 05:42 PM
21 days until arrival!

...exploring Pop Century
...riding the new Dumbo
...riding Toy Story Mania for the first time
...eating at Artist Point for the first time since 1999
...lunch at Yak and Yeti
...dinner at Ohana for the first time
...riding Soarin again
...lunch at T-Rex
...a second day at DHS
...Kilimanjaro Safaris
...Via Napoli for dinner
...laughing about Stitch with my kids

and...
...Tie-dye cheesecake
...14 days of only WDW

you have some good things to try. i hope Via Napoli is good for you, more like my firstvisit there than the last one.
Ill b at Pop in 3 wks.
ive never tried Ohana either.
AP:thumbsup:ate there this past trip and it was good again

LudwigVonDrake
08-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Have a great trip!!! :wave:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-05-2012, 07:58 PM
I was going to volunteer to go if your family wasn't in to it! I'll meet you at the airport. lol

It sounds like you have a lot of great "firsts" on your list. Have a fantastic time and I'm sure the family will be pumped up once you get there.

darthmacho
08-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks for all of the replies.

Just to update, the countdown is:

13 days until WDW!
8 work shifts until vacation!
3 days until online check-in!

:mickey: