PDA

View Full Version : Disney Memories? Care to Share?

MaterializedHaunt
07-28-2012, 07:26 PM
I have MANY found memories but the most rescent one for me was going into Living Seas and walking into the elevator and watching the bubbles going up the sides as we desended (2inches) to Sea Base Alpha! :cloud9: Good times!

Anyone else Care to Share a fond memory with us about WDW as a kid? or DL

AllDisney
07-29-2012, 09:45 AM
I remember our first trip to WDW with our 3 1/2 yr old daughter. We had stayed offsite (first & last time we have ever done that). We rented a car & drove to the transportation center.

We decided to take the boat over to MK. As we got closer to the castle and I saw the look o our daughters face as she saw the castle getting closer I got tears in my eyes:mickey:

Our first ride, as we walked down Main Street for the first times, with our mouths opened was Mom & daughter riding Dumbo:cloud9:

darthmacho
07-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Well, I don't have any memories of WDW as a kid, because the first time I visited I was 27yo.

However, I have fond memories of my first trip because it was also my honeymoon. One memory is walking into the Wilderness Lodge, and being in awe of the sight, sound, and smell of the lobby. We spent that whole day just exploring the resort, dining at Artist Point, and looking ahead to a wonderful vacation.

I also have fond memories of my dear daughter's first trip in 2003, when she was 2yo. One is the look on her face as Chip took out her ponytail and then rearranged it. She was fond of the costumed characters, but very shy around the princesses. Her first ride ever was Dumbo.

My other little one had to wait until 6yo for her first trip, and one fond memory is of her standing in front of the RocknRollercoaster and just measuring in at 48". She had the proudest look on her face at that moment, knowing she could ride. I also fondly remember that her first ride was Dumbo, because her sister wanted it to be her first ride too!

TinkerbellT421
07-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Riding Figment! for the first time and it being the only ride I could ride on with my dad. He had several health and heart conditions which limited his ability to handle a lot of rides and that was the only he could ride with me. Since he passed away and I was very close to my father, even though the figment now isn't the way it was then, I still can't ride it without going back to that time and thinking of him. Sad but good memories.

Katzateer
07-30-2012, 08:15 AM
When I was 15 I went to Disneyland with a group of Girl Scouts( I was on a Wider Opportunity backpacking near Palm Springs).

It was so magical. After growing up watching the Wonderful World of Color- a dream come true!!

The cast members treated everyone as if you were special guests and my first ride on all the Fantasyland rides were very thrilling.

Great time to go in the 70's!!:mickey:

Wolf
07-30-2012, 01:53 PM
My first memory was going with my Mom, Aunt and Cousin (Aunt and Cousin had been many times before) and we walked into EPCOT first, and right as we got up to the big fountain it started doing that show where the water jumped to the music, me and Mom had never seen anything like it and just stood there in awe through the whole thing. It was just a jumping off point for us to the magnitude of the magic in WDW that we had never known anything about previously.

steamboat willy
08-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Our DAD took our family of (5) to Walt Disney World right after they opened in 1971. We arrived in our Station Wagon, pulling our Travel Trailer and stayed almost two weeks at Fort Wilderness Campground. As a young teen, I was so amazed at this wonderful, magical place. Steam Train transporting you around the Campground, 48' Morgan Yacht :sail: sailed us to the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. (THE ONLY THEME PARK) back then and ONLY $ 4.95 to get in. A,B,C,D & E ticket rides. Gabriell's Brass :play::drummer: playing on the Fantasyland Stage. The CASTLE....oh that CASTLE, something about that music! Moonlight Cruise aboard the Ports-A-Call sidewheeler at night on the waters of Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon stopping to catch the Electrical Water Pageant and :fworks: Fireworks shot from the Island IN FRONT of the Magic Kingdom. WOW....I could go on and on and on..........After all these years, I can't wait until December!... :mickey: :santa::mickey:

Oh...did I tell you I LOVED those BOATS so much, 2 years later I became one of the Pilots of the boats in Watercraft! GREAT TIMES!

dizneydeb22
08-02-2012, 03:55 PM
My first Disney memory was on our honeymoon, 14 years ago. We stayed at the Polynesian and went to the Luau the first night. They called all the honeymooners up to the stage and did a type of fertility ritual. Needless to say, Jonathan was the best souvenir we have ever brought home from Disney World!!

The best memory is Jonathan and my Mom watching and singing at the Country Bears Jamboree! It was Jonathan's first trip and Mom's last. We still do it every trip as it is the only memory he has with my Mom and him at Disney.