PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney Dining?

ckaranassos
07-28-2012, 02:55 PM
We are visiting Downtown Disney for the first time this visit and was looking for advice on where to eat dinner. DS is 13 and DD is 16 and are not picky eaters. Thanks for the help!

SBETigg
07-28-2012, 03:08 PM
I like Raglan Road, good food, service, entertainment later in the evening. Love the Bread and Butter pudding dessert. Wolfgang Puck Cafe is supposed to be really good, too, but we don't hit Downtown Disney often.

Pop Centurion
07-28-2012, 03:21 PM
We always eat at Wolfgang Puck Cafe. I always get the pumpkin ravioli so I can't speak for the rest of the menu with the exception of the bbq chicken pizza, margherita pizza, & pennette chicken alfredo that my wife has had which I sampled. All where good.
House of Blues has good food as well.

But your kids would definitely love the atmosphere of Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex, or Planet Hollywood. Food is similar at all of them. Nothing to "wow" about but still good.

faline
07-28-2012, 03:45 PM
If you're looking for good, inexpensive and quick, Earl of Sandwich is a good pick. We enjoy Portabello Yacht Club or House of Blues for table service dining.

arielshouse
07-28-2012, 06:21 PM
I 2nd Earl of Sandwich! Great cs! But also very crowded inside and out! But I feel its totally worth bc their Hawaiian sandwich and the chicken Caesar wrap are to die for! My family was going to Rainforest cafe in dtd but I do believe I read somewhere that they were "refurbing" it and we wanted the "full effect" so we changed it to the 1 in AK :mickey:

Itchy
07-28-2012, 10:30 PM
I have a vote for Raglan Rd, we will be eating there in 34 more days.

As a previous poster stated Rainforest was under a refurb when we were there in May so T-Rex would be another choice.

I would not try Capt Jacks. Each time we have eaten there the food and service was terrible.

Planet Hollywood was really noisy at dinner and even me being hard of hearing it was almost unbearable for me. The food was ok though.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Crow
07-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Raglan Rd. ive eaten here a few times, most recently in June and it was good. my nephews liked it on a previous trip and watched the stepdancer.
Wolfgang wasnt good last trip..server was nice but the wait for food was long and it wasnt busy

AllDisney
07-29-2012, 11:11 AM
We like Raglan Road very much. Our 2nd favorite is House of Blues.

Good luck in making your choice:mickey:

ElenitaB
07-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Are you looking for a table service or counter service?

Table service: we like Wolfgang Puck Cafe and also enjoyed House of Blues. We've been wanting to try Raglan Road.

Counter service: Wolfgang Puck Express (the best counter service at WDW as far as we're concerned) or Earl of Sandwich.

There are lots of great choices but I'd pass on Rainforest Cafe. As you're from NJ, you can always go to the AC or Menlo Park Mall location.

KatrinaJ91
07-31-2012, 03:04 PM
There are many great restaurants at DD. Our favs are Raglan Road, Earle of Sandwich, Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex.

Raglan Road is a great Irish pub that usually has soccer games on the tv.

Earl of Sandwich is a delicious sandwich place with some unusual choices.

Rainforest and T-Rex are very themed and alot of fun.

Whatever you choose will most probably be wonderful! :blush:

#1donaldfan
08-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I have a vote for Raglan Rd, we will be eating there in 34 more days.

As a previous poster stated Rainforest was under a refurb when we were there in May so T-Rex would be another choice.

I would not try Capt Jacks. Each time we have eaten there the food and service was terrible.

Planet Hollywood was really noisy at dinner and even me being hard of hearing it was almost unbearable for me. The food was ok though.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

I agree that Capt Jacks is TERRIBLE !!! Planet Hollywood is not good either....they should remove that place and put in a Hard Rock !! T-Rex and Earl of Sandwich are great choices.....have a great trip !!!!:cool:

SurferStitch
08-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Our favorite CS is definitely Earl of Sandwich. I can't wait to get their Holiday Sandwich this time!

Our favorite TS is Fulton's Crab House. The seafood is very fresh and delicious. We've never had nothing but stellar meals there.

We used to love Raglan Road, but our last visit a year ago was not that great. The deal breaker was the scallop forrest.... We used to a get big, full scallop on each fork. Last time, they actually cut them in HALF. We paid the same price for HALF the amount of scallops! Talk about cost cutting! :mad:

They also had no music the last time we were there either. No band, and the dancer came out once during our meal to dance to a recording. We went the same time of the evening that we always did, too.

RedSoxFan
08-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Ragland Road is awesome. Eating there again in November. And we're going to try Portobello this time. Did not care for Planet Hollywood. Rainforest Cafe is good --- esp with little kids. Earl of Sandwich is good for lunch; although DH doesn't care for it.:mickey:

Belle of the Ball 051411
08-01-2012, 03:34 PM
DH and I are trying Portobello this December before La Nouba!

beksy
08-02-2012, 12:46 AM
I don't spend much time here except to get my Goofy's Candy Co fix :blush: but when PI was open we would eat here occassionally. By far the best was Earl of Sandwich. We haven't tried Raglan Road but its on my list! I travel with picky eaters who prefer American food! My Dsis actually really enjoys Capn Jacks. We had an extra TS credit and this was open so we gave it a try. The food was good (I can't remember what I had but it was probably seafood or steak) and service was ok.

phillydan
08-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Went to Portobello last week, based on reviews from co-workers. We were not disappointed. Food and service were outstanding. The kids all found something that they liked.

My best CS is Earl of Sandwich..unfortunately, we did not get there this trip.

JerseyDad
08-06-2012, 08:33 PM
....best counter service (that masquerades as table service)...would be Wolfgang Puck Express. The food is excellent...good selection....best pizza in WDW aside from Via Napoli in Epcot.

....we actually like Planet Hollywood quite a lot. I've never had a bad meal there (I always get a steak when we eat there the 1st night at WDW...it's a tradition of ours.) It's loud...but that's what it's supposed to be like.....