PDA

View Full Version : Mater and Lightening Mcqueen at DHS? Or anywhere else?

lawgirl
07-28-2012, 09:37 AM
My son is obsessed with Cars, and I heard that there was a life size Mater and Mcqueen at DHS. What exactly is the attraction? Do you just go up and take a photo with them? Do they talk and move?

We weren't planning on going to DHS this time bc of limited time, but I wanted to know if its worth it to go solely to see the cars from Cars, or if its not worth the headache of parking, getting in (with 2 kids under 2) and fighting the crowd. To be honest, its my least favorite park and we usually avoid it.

Is there anywhere else that has the Cars featured? How about the Art of Animation resort? Is there somewhere you can go see the Cars?

Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-28-2012, 10:00 AM
With kids so young, I'd skip DHS and slip over to AoA, and take a walk through the cars section, and maybe have a quick bite at the food court.

It will look and feel like you've visited the "Cars", so everyone will be happy, but you won't have had the hassle of the park.

At DHS, there is a Lightening and Mater photo-op, but they don't talk or anything, so it really is just a picture with a car.

lawgirl
07-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Soooo good to know! Thanks for the tip. I was thinking it wouldn't be worth it just for a photo op with Cars...but you know we do anything for our kids!

But thanks for the info. Now I can plan things better!

steamboat willy
07-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Definitely AOA Resort. Your kids can see ALL their favorites with even backdrops of Radiator Springs. Lightning McQueen is in the Lights, Motor, Action Show at DS, BUT it is very loud, hot and crowded and your not that close. He is in the parade, but again...I'd go to AOA for the kids. Don't Eat The Pistachio Ice Cream! :cool:

Kairi_7378
07-28-2012, 12:20 PM
I like the idea of visiting AoA! I agree with others that if you weren't going to visit DHS, it's not worth it to visit just for the Cars. I did want to tell you that my son was very intimidated by the size of the cars, and when one of them made a backfiring sound, he ran away from them. This was one of the only things that frightened him on our last trip. (He turned 3 during that trip.)

Minnie97
07-28-2012, 01:48 PM
The AoA is a great idea, and a lot bigger then the small little area dedicated to cars at DHS, and it's a great way to take a breack and eat lunch/dinner:mickey:

lawgirl
07-28-2012, 05:56 PM
I like the idea of visiting AoA! I agree with others that if you weren't going to visit DHS, it's not worth it to visit just for the Cars. I did want to tell you that my son was very intimidated by the size of the cars, and when one of them made a backfiring sound, he ran away from them. This was one of the only things that frightened him on our last trip. (He turned 3 during that trip.)

Good to know. Loud noises scare mine as well, and he is only used to seeing them on tv and his little hand held toys. I think we will avoid it this time and stick to AoA.

lovemy3girls
07-29-2012, 09:55 PM
AoA is amazingly well done. We are locals and we take my 3 year old son to play there as if it's a playground. He absolutely loves it, and you get great photo ops with all of the cars. Grab a bite to eat there, too. We really enjoy the resort and can't wait to stay there!