PDA

View Full Version : Railroad and Strollers

wdwcarrie
07-27-2012, 04:42 PM
I know that big strollers aren't allowed on the WDW Railroad, but I was looking at YouTube videos with my son to get ready for our trip, and it looked like people had umbrella strollers folded up on the train. Is this allowed? That would be great!

Thanks!

BrerGnat
07-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Folded strollers are allowed, provided that they can be put in the front of each car, laying flat (you won't get to sit with it).

Basket Mommy
07-27-2012, 06:53 PM
We had no problem taking our Graco DuoGlider double stroller on the train (folded) when our kids were little, so I'm thinking umbrella strollers are fine.

Main Street Jim
07-27-2012, 09:25 PM
According to my conductor/engineer friends, the *current* guest stroller policy for the WDWRR is:

Must be folded, and *in the row with you*. NOT in between the cars. If they're in between the cars, there's the possibility of your stroller falling off of the platform.

I've seen it happen - and have had to retrieve quite a few of 'em. :thumbsup:

If you have a *rented* park stroller, you leave it at the station where you board the train, and pick up another one at your destination station.

Minnie97
07-28-2012, 01:05 PM
you can have strollers folded on the train, but not rentals

wdwcarrie
07-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks! We have an umbrella stroller ready for the trip, so it should but just fine. Appreciate the info!

texas211
07-28-2012, 09:17 PM
I don't know the official policy, but i noticed on our last visit. If by some miracle you can fit it on the row, you can bring it...

BrerGnat
07-29-2012, 09:32 AM
According to my conductor/engineer friends, the *current* guest stroller policy for the WDWRR is:

Must be folded, and *in the row with you*. NOT in between the cars. If they're in between the cars, there's the possibility of your stroller falling off of the platform.

I've seen it happen - and have had to retrieve quite a few of 'em. :thumbsup:

If you have a *rented* park stroller, you leave it at the station where you board the train, and pick up another one at your destination station.

That's so weird. The one trip a couple years ago where we had a folded umbrella stroller, the conductors were adamant about NOT letting us have it in the row with us, and insisted on putting it in the front of the car, laying down in a pile with others. He assured me over and over again that it would not fall, and would be fine. Guess not. :D

Main Street Jim
07-29-2012, 10:23 AM
That's so weird. The one trip a couple years ago where we had a folded umbrella stroller, the conductors were adamant about NOT letting us have it in the row with us, and insisted on putting it in the front of the car, laying down in a pile with others. He assured me over and over again that it would not fall, and would be fine. Guess not. :DYeah, Nat, I *just* got done hashing this out with some of my friends down there. If that was the case with you (putting the stroller in between the cars), then that conductor was, well...I don't wanna say "wrong", but that's not the place for strollers.

The thing is, when the train goes around some of the corners, it "leans", and there's no way to keep a stroller from sliding off of the "platform" in between the cars. I can't tell you how many times we've had to stop and pick up a stroller laying beside the tracks that a guest "snuck" up onto those platforms because "it wouldn't fit in the row with us!"

Not only does it inconvenience the guest that lost the stroller to begin with (by having to wait for *maybe* the next train to bring it in), but, that next train has to stop along the way; and the guests on *that* train are delayed a bit.

The small umbrella strollers are no problem getting them into the row. It's the HUGE four-seat, four-door,limo-style monster trucks that guests seem to have a problem with :\ With those larger strollers, we usually recommend that guests make a round trip; if they'd like to get off at another stop, we suggest that one member of their party walk the stroller to their destination (like I said, that's ONLY if the stroller is really too large to fit into the row with you).