PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream Cookie in MK?

disneykid99
07-26-2012, 12:16 PM
I read on a thread (that I cannot find) about some monster sized ice cream cookie sandwiches in the MK. Do you know where to find them and if they are a snack credit on the DDP? We would love to try them in less than 2 months :cloud9:

Thank you!

cer
07-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Main Street Bakery in the Magic Kingdom.

They let you choose what kind of cookies you want to make your sandwich out of....

They are huge! When we first did this, the girl put 3 scoops of ice cream on it! It is a beautiful thing! :)

It is not considered a "Snack Option", though. I think I remember them costing $4.95, but well worth it and now my husband's "favorite thing"!:thumbsup:

DisneyDINK
07-26-2012, 12:26 PM
I think might also be talking about Sleepy Hollow Refreshemnts in Liberty Square. I'm not sure you can use a snack credit for it.

MaterializedHaunt
07-26-2012, 12:34 PM
WoW! :party: This sounds like alot of fun! I love ice cream sandwiches, and a Giant one for only $5 sounds like a steal to me for Disney prices! I will be trying Sleepy Hallow for this one! Thanks so much for the info!

Auntie B
07-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Yummm! Sounds good right now!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-26-2012, 12:50 PM
I thought at the MK Mainstreet bakery that they had premade ice cream cookie sandwhiches (Tollhouse?). I remember my wife and I getting them one night on a whim as we were leaving the park, and they were huge, and pretty certain that at the time they were on the DDP. We didn't make our own, these were already done up, but they were huge, should have just split one.

Strmchsr
07-26-2012, 02:08 PM
I don't know if there are any premade, but the last 2 trips I've done it as described above and gotten to pick my cookie and my ice cream. And, yes, they are huge.

Jared
07-26-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't know if there are any premade, but the last 2 trips I've done it as described above and gotten to pick my cookie and my ice cream. And, yes, they are huge.
At the Main Street Bakery, I believe you can only have vanilla ice cream (but you can pick your cookie). They also make these at the Fountainview in Epcot, and you could probably pick a different ice cream flavor, but I think they only offer chocolate chip cookies.

vicster
07-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks for this post - I can already feel the pounds piling on during my September trip!!!

Maleficent's Dad
07-26-2012, 05:47 PM
My kids are pros when it comes to these ice cream sandwiches! :mickey:

Some notes: as mentioned, at the bakery, you choose the cookie. We've had them with vanilla and once with butter pecan ice cream. However, on a more recent trip, they said vanilla only. :confused:

At Sleepy Hollow, you can get these, but they are made with soft serve ice cream. Hard ice cream (scooped) is only available at the bakery. Sleepy Hollow is only chocolate chip cookies with vanilla soft serve. Thus, our kids always opt for the bakery.

We split one of these - in half, thirds, or sometimes quarters. They're big, and well, the calories... :blush:

Jared
07-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Hey Frank, check out your PMs. :wave:

Maleficent's Dad
07-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Oops, my bad... :blush:

Seems you can get scooped ice cream at Sleepy Hallow nowadays! (Thanks, Jared!)