PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo or La Hacinda at Epcot

Catzle
07-25-2012, 10:05 PM
We have 7 in our party and are doing the candlelight processional. Which restaurant would be better? Don't know a single thing about either except one is Mexican and one is Japanese.

SBETigg
07-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Teppan Edo, 8-10 at a table and you may be seated with others. With 7 in your party, you might not end up with others. Tables are in the back of the restaurant (no view of WS, like there is at Tokyo Dining). They prepare your food on a hibachi surface in front of you, with knife and fire/smoke tricks. This goes better if you have an engaging chef. It's fun, especially if this experience is new to you. Predominant flavors are ginger, soy, and sesame.

La Hacienda, standard table service. Mexican with an emphasis on fresh ingredients, windows look over World Showcase. Predominant flavors are garlic, cilantro, lime, chili.

I like them both. I would probably choose Teppan Edo if that style was new to me, but otherwise my choice would be Hacienda.

azcavalier
07-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Yep, that's a tough one. We consider Teppan Edo almost a "Must Do". It's fun, and the food is very good. A wide variety on the menu so that almost everyone can find something they like.

La Hacienda to me is tasty, but I never seem to get what I pay for. What I get is delicious, but there's just not enough of it. But the location is great, and the view is fun.

ThanxForNoticin
07-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Teppan Edo would be our recommendation, especially since you could all be seated together.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
07-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Teppan Edo - you'll be the only ones at your table.

I've not been able to try the Mexican TS restaurants as I have a daughter that abhors mexican food.

joonyer
07-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Our family, especially our kids love eating at Teppan Edo. The "show" keeps them entertained while waiting on the meal and the food has been very good, with something for everyone; beef, chicken, seafood, or just veggies. They'll cook it however you like.

mariak
07-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Since we still have yet to try La Hacienda, I say Teppan Edo. Our girls love it! As someone else mentioned, there really is something for everyone. Our very favorite is probably still Le Cellier but Teppan Edo is pretty darn close! It would be fun to have a full table to yourselves. Like I said, I don't think you can go wrong (other than inside Mexico) with any of the places in Epcot. Biergarten has a nice Geman buffet and fun entertainment. I've heard good things about Via Napoli. Coral Reef, though not my favorite, is good but the view is wonderful.

Be sure not to miss the lights at Hollywood Studios! Pictures and youTube don't do it justice. Christmas at WDW is truly Magical!
Have a magical trip!:mickey:

Maria

Gator
07-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Unless you like bad mexican food, go to Teppen Edo. The food there is great! Plus the meal prep is a lot of fun.

spinnerf
07-28-2012, 08:54 PM
I have to say Teppen Edo is loads of fun, but I'll bet you can find a Japanese restaurant just like it in your hometown. (okay maybe they wont make a hidden mickey out of onions). The food at La Hacienda is very good and has a wonderful view of the world showcase overlooking the lagoon. For the unique scenery, I'd pick La Hacienda.

joonyer
07-28-2012, 09:27 PM
I have to say Teppen Edo is loads of fun, but I'll bet you can find a Japanese restaurant just like it in your hometown. (okay maybe they wont make a hidden mickey out of onions). The food at La Hacienda is very good and has a wonderful view of the world showcase overlooking the lagoon. For the unique scenery, I'd pick La Hacienda.

This is true, but it is also the case for Mexican restaurants. We live in a small town of about 10,000, and there are at least 4 Mexican owned restaurants in our town that have better food than La Hacienda. It does have a better view though.

spinnerf
07-29-2012, 08:38 PM
This is true, but it is also the case for Mexican restaurants. We live in a small town of about 10,000, and there are at least 4 Mexican owned restaurants in our town that have better food than La Hacienda. It does have a better view though.

I agree totally, thats my point, you can get Hibachi Japanese anywhere, Mexican too, but where else can you get a spectacular view of the World Showcase?

SBETigg
07-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Unless you like bad mexican food, go to Teppen Edo. The food there is great! Plus the meal prep is a lot of fun.

Hacienda has been getting much better reviews than San Angel Inn. Have you tried Hacienda?

Disney Hungarian
07-29-2012, 10:25 PM
My opinion is for La Hacienda and not for Teppan Edo.