PDA

View Full Version : Favorite place to stop and eat in MK

riley1129
07-25-2012, 11:06 AM
My FAVORITE place to stop and eat in MK is definitely Casey's! The minute we land in Orlando and the first thing I always say is "Let's go to Casey's!"

What's everyone else's favorite place to eat?!

joonyer
07-25-2012, 11:17 AM
We use to love Casey's too until they stopped serving the all-beef hotdogs. They are not as good as they used to be. We like to go to Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's for lunch. And Main Street bakery for snacks.

VWL Mom
07-25-2012, 11:25 AM
The only MK must have for us is funnel cakes from Sleepy Hollow. Other than that we'll just eat at the closest place when we're hungry.

Madame Leona
07-25-2012, 11:42 AM
It's a tough call between getting a Dole Whip and Columbia Harbor House. Dole Whip's are awesome for dessert but when I need something more substantial, it has to be the veggie sandwich at CHH.

Figment104
07-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Columbia Harbor House and a Lighthouse Sandwich. We were actually just talking about these the other day. Boy one sounds good right now!

steamboat willy
07-25-2012, 12:04 PM
We're right there with you on Casey's as a must do. We usually try and catch the fireworks :fworks: while setting out by the railing seats! We also enjoy the choices and fixn's bar at Cosmic Ray's and this December we are excited to "Be Our Guest".
Dole Whip....definitely Dole Whip!:papple:
:beer: sorry...that's back at the Resort Pool! :vacation:

Wolf
07-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Casey's with EXTRA saurkraut on the dog and EXTRA cheese on my fries!! :eat:

DNS
07-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Main Street Bakery for us! Yummy!

Dopey's Girl
07-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Chili cheese dog from Casey's call my name each trip. SO yummy!

I have also been known to trek across the park for a treat from the bakery!

SBETigg
07-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Casey's is probably my favorite MK place, too. It's right there near the castle. We love the hot dogs even after the change from all beef. I love those little tables outside, great place to sit and eat and people-watch and soak up atmosphere. Plus, the old-timey Main Street touches are quaint and fun.

MaterializedHaunt
07-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Casey's with EXTRA saurkraut on the dog and EXTRA cheese on my fries!! :eat:

Oh jeez, her she goes again with the yucky kraut! :sick: A must for MK is definately Tortuga Tavern, except the last 5+ times I have been, its been closed (seasonal :()

yourmagicalguide
07-25-2012, 04:33 PM
My vote would definitely be Columbia Harbor House. I love the Anchors Aweigh Sandwich and the Lobster Roll (drooling just thinking about them) :tasty: DH and I really enjoy sitting upstairs and getting a table by a window so we can people watch and discuss our day.

For dessert, hands down, Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip. So tasty and refreshing :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
07-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Columbia Harbor House!! :mickey::number1: white clam chowder and the chicken strip basket. Yummy!!!!

Gator
07-25-2012, 05:42 PM
I can't wait to get into the rustic setting of Pecos Bill Cafe. It's the first place I ate lunch with my wife on our honeymoon, so it's always stuck out to me as a special place. Also, I love love love the fixens bar.

Quadstriker
07-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Funny how we're all different.

I can't even go into Casey's. The smell of sauerkraut makes me wretch. :sick:

Sometimes the wife will go in and grab something from there while I stand across the street. :blush:

PETE FROM NYC
07-25-2012, 06:30 PM
I do enjoy the dole whips. Churros too.
Can't understand why so many pick Caseys. IMHO , terrible tasting dogs.

DVCJohn
07-26-2012, 07:30 AM
For me it also has to be Columbia Harbour House.
That was the first place I ate in MK in 1976. If We do not have reservations at the Liberty Tree we go directly to Columbia. That was my Mom's favorite. Miss you MOM...

darthmacho
07-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Lots of good QS choices at MK. I like them all for the most part, but one place we seem to go at least once per trip is Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. I'm sure we'll be eating there again this August.

I do like Casey's, Pecos Bill's, and Pinocchio Haus too. Also, I've been wanting to try Tortuga Tavern. :mickey:

indytraveler
07-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch

Apple butter on the biscuits. But wait, they stopped that :mad: on my last visit.

Pecos Bills for late dinner snack. 2 words. Fixens bar

Princess'Mom
07-26-2012, 09:17 AM
My vote would definitely be Columbia Harbor House. I love the Anchors Aweigh Sandwich and the Lobster Roll (drooling just thinking about them) :tasty: DH and I really enjoy sitting upstairs and getting a table by a window so we can people watch and discuss our day.

For dessert, hands down, Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip. So tasty and refreshing :thumbsup:

Yup - you just described my first evening at MK meal! Yummo!

DisneyDawgette
07-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Casey's BBQ Slaw dog is where it's at! And a Dole Whip on the way out, or between the parade and fireworks is a must have! We took our children's ministry last month and Aloha Isle was a major hit! :D

Erin C.
07-26-2012, 10:10 AM
WOLF:

Casey's with EXTRA saurkraut on the dog and EXTRA cheese on my fries!!

I totally agree Wolf...the first time I ever tried sauerkraut was at Casey's...and I got hooked!!! LOVE IT!!! :cool:

yourmagicalguide
07-26-2012, 11:21 AM
I've been wanting to try Tortuga Tavern. :mickey:

You definitely should try Tortuga Tavern on your next visit :thumbsup:

DH and I ate there for lunch on our last trip and weren't disappointed. I recommend the Taco Salad as there's a great toppings bar with loads of fresh tomatoes, cheddar cheese, lettuce and mild salsa :tasty: Our seasoned beef was a little bland for our taste, but there are taco sauce packets at the toppings bar that fixed that problem in a jiffy ;)

mydisneygirls
07-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Another one for Columbia Harbour House. For TS, Crystal Palace.

SurferStitch
07-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Favorite CS - Columbia Harbor House (love the fried shrimp and lobster roll)

Favorite TS - Plaza Restaurant (chocolate shake and strawberry chicken salad - :cloud9:)

Arielfan98
07-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Definitely Columbia Harbour House!!! They serve counter food in a sit-in restaurant setting and it's a very good feeling not always having to look for a table there, especially if you eat upstairs.

Cinderelley
07-27-2012, 10:45 PM
We always have to eat at Pecos Bill's. This thread made me think of all the great memories I have there. I never would have guessed so much fun could be tied to a cs restaurant. :D

MrPeetrie
07-28-2012, 09:08 AM
I love every place already mentioned. I'm a huge Casey's fan. I love Pecos Bill's, Pinocchio Haus and Cosmic Ray's. When they had the Starboard Deck sandwich, Columbia House was my favorite. Truthfully, I really enjoy all the food at Magic Kingdom.

They one place we've never eaten at is Liberty Tavern. We'll have to try that some time.

lovemy3girls
08-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Columbia Harbour House for a tuna sandwich, and Aloha Aisle for a Dole Whip Float!

Stu29573
08-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Another vote for CHH. We eat in the section that overlooks the Haunted Mansion. It took me a while to realize that it is appropriately themed!

LudwigVonDrake
08-05-2012, 10:20 AM
The lobster roll at Columbia Harbor House was quite good :tasty:

steamboat willy
08-05-2012, 12:40 PM
My vote would definitely be Columbia Harbor House. I love the Anchors Aweigh Sandwich and the Lobster Roll (drooling just thinking about them) :tasty:

What exactly is a Lobster Roll? :crab: Never had one? Thanks!

Pop Centurion
08-05-2012, 03:24 PM
As far as QS, I also like to go to Columbia harbor House & get an upstairs seat by a window overlooking HM. It's surprising how empty it usually is up there.
I also like Cosmic Ray's really late when it's empty & quiet. You can really enjoy Sonny Eclipse much better during that time. it almost feels like your in a lounge with live entertainment.

Kairi_7378
08-05-2012, 03:31 PM
We stop at CHH or Peco Bill's depending on which is closer. For a relaxing atmosphere, I would give the edge to CHH.

Mom on a Mission
08-05-2012, 07:40 PM
It's a tough call between getting a Dole Whip and Columbia Harbor House. Dole Whip's are awesome for dessert but when I need something more substantial, it has to be the veggie sandwich at CHH.

Exactly!

We also always have to eat at Tony's, but it's more for the Lady & The Tramp statue than the food ;-) DH's favorite is Chrystal Palace. :mickey:

Septbride2002
08-10-2012, 11:45 AM
If I haven't been to Aloha Isle for a Pineapple Float then I haven't been to Disney World. PERIOD.

Casey's use to be a lot better - something has changed there. I am hoping to try some new counter items at the Magic Kingdom on this next trip. Inclusing the Nutella Waffles - Yum. Yum. Yum.

PlutoPlanet
08-10-2012, 12:09 PM

A lobster roll is usually a hot dog bun, often with a split top, filled with lobster meat pieces (not a whole tail or claw) with a dressing that is mostly mayo with perhaps some celery. The lobster meat is cool. I haven't had the Lobster roll at Disney, but they are very popular in New England. Lobster meat is cheaper in the summer. If you like lobster, or even think you may like lobster, you've got to try one.

Crow
08-10-2012, 12:12 PM
since i dont spend as much time at MK as Epcot, i havent eaten there as much..
Dole whips of course. once a very long time ago i think Columbia..Pecos Bills a few times which i liked w topping bar.
Tonys once a few trips ago and wasnt impressed.
a friend liked LTT but i know he hasnt been there for like 5 yrs. im almost tempted to try the dinner.
the bakery, have taken nephews there and gf there for ice cream cookie sandwhich

DisneyGiant
08-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Columbia Harbor House for decent food.

Sleepy Hollow for fresh chipwich ice cream sandwiches. The only time I ever eat vanilla ice cream is there between two warm chocolate chip cookies!!!

yourmagicalguide
08-13-2012, 05:21 PM

A lobster roll is usually a hot dog bun, often with a split top, filled with lobster meat pieces (not a whole tail or claw) with a dressing that is mostly mayo with perhaps some celery. The lobster meat is cool. I haven't had the Lobster roll at Disney, but they are very popular in New England. Lobster meat is cheaper in the summer. If you like lobster, or even think you may like lobster, you've got to try one.

The Lobster Roll at CHH is very similar to what you described. They use a soft roll that is split along the side like a hot-dog bun. It's then filled with chunks of chilled lobster meat that's mixed with mayo, lettuce, bits of red pepper, red onion, celery, and spices.

My only complaint about the Lobster Roll was it was a little heavier than I would have liked on the mayo and onion, but it otherwise tasted delicious :tasty:

Tinkerbella16
08-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Columbia Harbour House hands down is my favorite place for something quick.. I love the Anchors Aweigh tuna sandwich!! :cloud9:

I made an ADR to try the Plaza Restaurant on my first night there, since I will be there all night for EMH I figured I'd sit and relax somewhere and this is the only sit down in MK I haven't been to yet so I am looking forward to it. :mickey:

MKFD43
08-19-2012, 10:13 AM
The taco salad at tortugas is awsome.Too bad its only open during the lunch hours.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
10-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Crystal Palce for some Lunch and then to Aloha Isle for a tasty Dole Whip :D Yum!!!!

tiggerbuddy
10-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Me too !!:mickey:

I can't wait to get into the rustic setting of Pecos Bill Cafe

jnfr2424
10-31-2012, 11:55 PM
Another vote for Columbia Harbour House its a must do every single trip!

SandmanGStefani24
11-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Casey's Corner!

Love this place, through and through...

MNDisney Dad
11-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Pecos Bills chili cheese fries and Caseys.

BigRedDad
11-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Pecos Bill, Cosmic Ray's, Columbia Harbor House. There are not many we would not stop at. We like them all. Each has something unique so it is not always the same thing: nuggets, cheeseburger, pizza, etc.

RavsRuleDisney!
11-09-2012, 12:40 PM
CHH is the kinda hidden eating gem in the park. For a snack, a quick churro or Turkey leg(may be a meal actually!) in Frontierland....

texas211
11-11-2012, 11:19 AM
The waffle sandwiches at Harbor.

JoDisney
11-11-2012, 07:19 PM
We love the Plaza Restaurant. We even have reservations for the MVMCP at the Plaza. I want to try the tuna sandwich at the Columbia House. Is it made with white tuna?