PDA

View Full Version : Ride TSM or sign up for Jedi Academy First?

Soccermom12
07-25-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm trying to figure out if it is best to ride TSM first, and then sign up for the Jedi Academy, or should we sign up for Jedi Training first and then do TSM. Do the Jedi slots fill up fast?

MickeysBestPal
07-25-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm trying to figure out if it is best to ride TSM first, and then sign up for the Jedi Academy, or should we sign up for Jedi Training first and then do TSM. Do the Jedi slots fill up fast?

Jedi Training has become a "first-thing" priority.

NOTE: As of recently, DHS has been actually opening to guests (unannounced) at about 8:30-8:45AM (or so) on days when the published opening time is 9AM.
I'd plan on arriving at DHS -at least- by 8:15 so as to be in a better position to enter the park when the gates open to sign up for Jedi Training and to grab TSM FP's.

On AM EMH days, I'd be there by 7:45 or earlier (if you are a WDW Resort guest.)
The line will start forming as soon as the gates open for AM EMH.
How soon the CM's will actually start taking names during AM EMH can vary.

That said,
arrive well before park opening time.
When you get inside, take the child with you to the sign-up area.**

Note: You do not need your park tickets to sign up for Jedi Training so,
if another member of your party is available, you can send that person
(along with ALL of your park tickets) over to grab FP's for TSM
while you and the Jedi candidate child head for the sign-up.

You'll get a time for the child to return to the Jedi stage and participate.

**Sign-ups will be either just past Hollywood & Vine Restaurant, or at the Sounds Dangerous entrance (even inside the Sounds Dangerous building,) or at the Jedi Stage.
Look for the sign-up area, in the order of the above, until you find it.

Soccermom12
07-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Thank you so much!

missastrocat
07-25-2012, 10:12 PM
I just wanted to add that I don't have children yet, and this is one of those things that I can't wait to see! I get such a giggle out of watching the jedi training!

Snow's Mom
08-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Is it just the two of you? Otherwise, couldn't one person from your party go get FP tickets for TSM while the rest of you accompany your young Jedi to sign-up?

Trickier now that FP windows are enforced, but hopefully show time and ride time won't be the same.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Jedi Training has become a "first-thing" priority.

NOTE: As of recently, DHS has been actually opening to guests (unannounced) at about 8:30-8:45AM (or so) on days when the published opening time is 9AM.
I'd plan on arriving at DHS -at least- by 8:15 so as to be in a better position to enter the park when the gates open to sign up for Jedi Training and to grab TSM FP's.

On AM EMH days, I'd be there by 7:45 or earlier (if you are a WDW Resort guest.)
The line will start forming as soon as the gates open for AM EMH.
How soon the CM's will actually start taking names during AM EMH can vary.

That said,
arrive well before park opening time.
When you get inside, take the child with you to the sign-up area.**

Note: You do not need your park tickets to sign up for Jedi Training so,
if another member of your party is available, you can send that person
(along with ALL of your park tickets) over to grab FP's for TSM
while you and the Jedi candidate child head for the sign-up.

You'll get a time for the child to return to the Jedi stage and participate.

**Sign-ups will be either just past Hollywood & Vine Restaurant, or at the Sounds Dangerous entrance (even inside the Sounds Dangerous building,) or at the Jedi Stage.
Look for the sign-up area, in the order of the above, until you find it.
This is exactly what I was going to recommend. When we were there last year, the Jedi training was all booked up first thing in the morning and they don't take names for the following day(s), only for the same day.