PDA

View Full Version : Guess everyone sees it differently

Katzateer
07-24-2012, 04:55 PM
I was asking about any garden clubs in the area we live in. Today I went to a meeting -it ended up being a picnic and auction. Everyone was supposed to bring items to be auctioned off to raise money for the club.

For the last year I have been taking pictures of flowers. Some of them have turned out really nice. I focus on one flower and enlarge when I get a print made.

So I got 2 old frames and bordered it with scrapbook paper and a couple of prints.

Today when they were auctioned off the lady asked who would like a set of picture frames- no mention of the prints.

I almost laughed at the time but now I am feeling a little insulted. Guess my prints will end up in the trash and a family members photo
Will replace them

disney obsessed
07-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Oh! I am sorry.

You would think that because it was a garden club, they would get it.

If i were you, i would go up to the person who bought them and ask if they would like to have your work signed. And next time, i would sign it before hand!:thumbsup:

gerald72
07-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Haha. The pics probably looked so good, she thought they were the ones that came with the frame.

Katzateer
07-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Haha. The pics probably looked so good, she thought they were the ones that came with the frame.

That's what I was hoping lol :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
07-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Sorry, how annoying. I'd be a little upset, too!

I had this happen to me one time. One of my friends was getting married and for her shower, I bought her a frame. I had a good picture of the two of them and I printed it in Black and White. She didn't realise she was one of the people in the frame.

TinkerbellT421
07-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Wow! that is frustrating!!! you are a better person than me, might be the Italian in me, but I would have spoke up right there on the spot!

buzznwoodysmom
07-24-2012, 06:27 PM
I would be a bit upset too. Sorry your photos weren't given proper credit.

AgentC
07-24-2012, 06:37 PM
For the last year I have been taking pictures of flowers. Some of them have turned out really nice. I focus on one flower and enlarge when I get a print made.

So I got 2 old frames and bordered it with scrapbook paper and a couple of prints.

Today when they were auctioned off the lady asked who would like a set of picture frames- no mention of the prints.

I'm sorry. That stinks. Sounds like she was not very observant. Either than or she has a frame thing. :)

I had this happen to me one time. One of my friends was getting married and for her shower, I bought her a frame. I had a good picture of the two of them and I printed it in Black and White. She didn't realise she was one of the people in the frame.

Too funny. How could she not notice it was her?

Kairi_7378
07-24-2012, 07:48 PM
PS.... Forgot to add that I'd love to see some of these at the Philly meet, if we are able to get it together!

Kairi_7378
07-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Too funny. How could she not notice it was her?

I think she was a little freaked out about the whole wedding and being the center of attention at the shower... thankfully, her (now) husband pointed out the mistake for her after the shower was over.

TheDuckRocks
07-25-2012, 10:23 AM
I would guess the person who bought the "frames" realized the flower pictures were cool too and was most of the reason they bid for them.
While on vacation in Hawaii one year we took a picture of our daughter on Waikiki Beach and had it made into postcards. We mailed them to the folks at home and my mother never realized it was a picture of her granddaughter until my dad pointed it out to her.