PDA

View Full Version : best value for 2

readytogo2
07-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Dw and i are planning 20th anniversary for feb 2013 and wondering best value to look at not really interested in deluxe or mod as we arent in room much

AllDisney
07-23-2012, 04:24 PM
We love all the value resorts. The rooms sizes are the same.

The themes are different so if you prefer one over the other that would be something to consider.

We like the pools at all the values:mickey:

POP has it's own buses because of the size of the resort. We've never had an issue with bus transportation at any of the values before but if it's a concern to have to share buses you may want to stay at POP.

I think the food choices at POP are a bit better but still we never walk away from a meal hungry:mickey:

Hope that wherever you decide to stay you have a great vacation:number1:

brownie
07-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Pop Century has become our favorite. Prior to that, the only Value resort we'd stayed at had been All-Star Movies. We enjoyed our stays at All-Star Movies. Both Pop Century and All-Star Movies have bigger food courts than All-Star Sports & Music.

I'd go with Pop Century for the theming and buses, if you need to rely on Disney Transportation. At the moment, All-Star Movies would be my second choice. My bride and I are spending a night at All-Star Music for the first time a week from Saturday, so that could change things depending on how it goes.

readytogo2
07-23-2012, 04:39 PM
we were wondering crowd size stayed atsports once and kids running around all night

disneymom15
07-23-2012, 04:47 PM
We've always preferred Pop over the All Stars. However, the new Art of Animation looks very appealing.

Going2HeavenRU
07-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. My DH and I are celebrating our 5th anniversary at Pop this Sept. I love the character statues and the pools.

Pirate Granny
07-23-2012, 07:40 PM
If the section with the regular rooms is open, I would stay at Art of Animation...beautiful resort, the suite rooms are very pricey...and pop has now become a 'deluxe' value...:(

mechanic
07-24-2012, 12:21 AM
The new art and animation would be nice choice!

LVT
07-29-2012, 09:46 AM
I think POP is a couple of dollars more than the all-stars. I am hoping it will be quieter now that the AOA suites are open.;)

texas211
07-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Well, I usually felt the same way and thought, hey, save a few bucks and stay at the All Star Music.

The hotel itself is fine. If cheap enough, certainly on par w/ a nice Holiday Inn Express. But the folks that stay there, make it less desirable. Large groups, loud folks.

Do yourself a favor, and try a moderate. The more you spend, the better off you will be. Though I saw in another post, that the groups are infecting the other moderate resorts. I have occasionally run into cheerleader groups, and they can be fairly disruptive, but usually not nearly as more international crowds.

Aside for the people staying at ASmu. I felt it was fine. Rooms were as described above. The staff was helpful and services on par with cost.

steamboat willy
07-30-2012, 09:10 AM
First of all...Happy Upcoming Anniversary! We LOVE ALLSTAR MUSIC! :drummer: . We always stay at Allstar Music. We request preferred building (Calypso) as well as A Poolside Room.:vacation: I think the time of year one goes, greatly effects the atmosphere/crowds at ALL Resorts. I think you will be good in February. We normally go in September (Our Anniversary Month) and have NEVER experienced these groups/noise or anything but Magic at OUR Resort.:cool: This year, we will be enjoying the Holiday Decorations and Festivities early December at ASMu. :tree::santa::tree: