PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Thing To Do During MK EMH

Guya103
07-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Just curious as we are planning our upcoming trip, what is your favorite thing to do during evening EMH in the MK? :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
07-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Big Thunder Mtn. So much fun at night! I also they to sneak in some of the Fantasyland stuff, just because.

MaterializedHaunt
07-22-2012, 11:57 PM
I typically start off in Tomorrowland for some reason and work my way around and then somehow end my night in Fantasyland.

Here is a story for you and I am not sure if this was a fluke or not but here it is. I was with my brother and he gf at the time and it was 1145pm and we were about to head out when we decided to hop on Dumbo for a quick spin since it was empty. We go on, go up and down and it ends. Then the CM asked if we wanted to go on again and a couple more people hopped on... then out of nowhere (i think coming from Liberty Square) comes Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale and someone else! :party: They proceed to bored Dumbo WITH US!!! Needless to see I was on :cloud9:! Chip was behind me and another character was in front of me! It was a very memorable experience to say the least! :thumbsup:

Now this year I am going to go back and wait till the last minute and see if they do it again. Cause I just thought it was so cool and of course back when this happened there was no such thing as Iphones/Androids. I have a flip phone with horrible pictures like everyone else. So the pictures I had weren't exactly memorable lol. Anyways maybe during your EMH you should hang out at Dumbo and see if any characters come for a last minute spin! I am sure glad we didnt leave when we were about to!

mariak
07-23-2012, 01:33 AM
Seems we always end up on TMRR over and over again! "It's the wildest ride in the WIL-DER-NESS!"

We also have to hit Haunted Mansion at some point when it's dark out and crowds are low. We were the only people on it one time with only a man and his son. It was super spooky! I have to say, it's SO nice not having to squeeze through to the doom buggies shoulder to shoulder! :thumbsup:

Maria

mgmnut
07-23-2012, 08:38 AM
We try to hit just about everything, but we only hit the Fantasyland stuff during EMH due to shorter lines.

Wolf
07-23-2012, 09:22 AM
We usually try to hit up Space Mountain if the line is low and usually sneak onto Dumbo, Pooh and Peter Pan, Small world. But ALWAYS end up on Pirates, Haunted Mansion, BTMRR cause its my fav ride lol and then grab a dole whip and pop corn somewhere in there :mickey:67 days!!!! :cloud9:

riley1129
07-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Big Thunder Mtn. So much fun at night! I also they to sneak in some of the Fantasyland stuff, just because.

:ditto:

and magic carpets!!!

joonyer
07-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Splash Mountain is also great after dark, and so is Astro Orbiter.

emerzmom
07-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Another vote for Big Thunder Mt! It is the best at night!
:train:
Julie

TinkerbellT421
07-23-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't know why but I love three rides at night!
1) Haunted Mansion. I love leaving that ride at night, it feels so much more eerie! lol
2) Pirates of the Caribean at night. Love walking out of there at night. I don't know why. Maybe because it's a dark ride inside so leaving while it's dark just meshes well? lol
3) Big Thunder Mountain is great at night!!!! Love it!

Pop Centurion
07-23-2012, 11:24 PM
We try to get on all the Fantasyland attractions that we're too long during normal hours. Then we do our favorites like HM, POTC, the 3 mountains, etc.

phillydan
07-24-2012, 09:48 AM
BTMRR is the best at night, followed by Splash. Thise are ususally our last 2 rides during evening EMH.

Goes4FastPass
07-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Ride BTMRR 3 times
Ride SPLASH twice
Eat a Hotdog at Casey's
Sit outside of Casey's and enjoy looking at the castle.
Repeat until EMH ends
Puke
High Fives all around
Set Alarm to bust the gate at AK tomorrow am.
Go to bed
Wake up a hour later regretting DDP giant Coke from Casey's
Alarm before dawn put on clean t-shirt
Dash to EE
Exit EE and get back in line
Exit EE and fall asleep on a bench.
Ain't vacation great?

Wolf
07-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Ride BTMRR 3 times
Ride SPLASH twice
Eat a Hotdog at Casey's
Sit outside of Casey's and enjoy looking at the castle.
Repeat until EMH ends
Puke
High Fives all around
Set Alarm to bust the gate at AK tomorrow am.
Go to bed
Wake up a hour later regretting DDP giant Coke from Casey's
Alarm before dawn put on clean t-shirt
Dash to EE
Exit EE and get back in line
Exit EE and fall asleep on a bench.
Ain't vacation great?

I laughed so hard it hurt!!! Well done sir, you seem to be a commando attacker of the parks like we are! :thumbsup:

HackLaSalle
07-25-2012, 11:58 AM
I love getting the risque Jungle Cruise that some cast members will give at night with EMH. Not for the kiddies.

Though my favorite part remains Disco Disco We Love Disco!

Gator
07-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Just curious as we are planning our upcoming trip, what is your favorite thing to do during evening EMH in the MK? :mickey:

Be on the bus back to my bed. My kids just can't hang with the evening hours.

barnaby
07-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Big Thunder and Jungle Cruise definetely have a different feel at night. Also a fan of Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain during EEMHs.

Fastpasssteve
07-29-2012, 12:00 AM
We ride Splash Mountain, Peter Pan, and the Haunted Mansion as many times as possible. If we can get to Space Mountain, that's good, too.

Goes4FastPass
07-29-2012, 12:07 PM
As a serious answer to this question, let me also suggest families with young kids be a bit careful about late night EMH, especially early in the trip.

Our temptation as been to stay-stay-stay the first few nights of a WDW visit.

But it's the adults job to call bedtime even when the kids are wound up. Ignoring that, even when the kids want to go-go (and you do too) leads to worn out kids and melt-downs.

We have found the best way to take a school age kid to WDW ESPECIALLY if the day before vacation is school and the day after vacation is school is keep the kids on their school bed and meals schedule.

jnfr2424
07-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Get on splash Mountain and BTMRR as much as we can!

BlueDorrie
08-03-2012, 10:31 AM
It's far from a thrill ride but DH and I love riding on TTT during EMH. It's a relaxing ride with a lovely breeze and I just love looking at all the lights in MK. I also like HM since the darkness gives off an underlying spookiness.

Tinkerbella16
08-04-2012, 09:00 PM
I usually love riding all of my favorites like the 3 mountains, HM, TTA and just relax and enjoy the park.. the parks in the evening a huge favorite of mine. Grab my favorite snack like a citrus swirl! Its just such a different atmosphere at nighttime, I love it! :mickey:

phillydan
08-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Definitely the 3 mountains during EMH. Also nice to catch the later showing of Magic, Memories & You - you can generally sit right up on the hub and get great viewing.

We also use that time to hit Peter Pan & Pooh - the lines are just too crazy during the day and I hate burning fastpasses for them.