PDA

View Full Version : California Grille

riley1129
07-22-2012, 09:21 AM
I was looking for some feedback on California Grille. Because it's one of the few restaurants that requires you to make a down payment before you go, I wanted to make sure it was any good before I booked it.

Katzateer
07-22-2012, 10:13 AM
It is excellent!!:cloud9:Try to find the time fireworks starts at MK the night you go and book your seating at least 1 hour before. If it is earlier and you leave before the fireworks you can go back up to the balcony since you had dined there that evening. Best view of MK fireworks!

It is a relaxing, no hurry meal and the food and desserts and service are wonderful.

Have fun!

VWL Mom
07-22-2012, 12:23 PM
CG doesn't require a prepayment. What they do require is a credit card to guarantee your reservation. If you fail to cancel at least 24 hours in advance they will charge $10 per person to your card.

Not sure when you're traveling but they will be shutting down in January through late summer for a much needed refurbishment.

Kairi_7378
07-22-2012, 01:25 PM
The CA Grill is a "must do" for our family for every trip. We enjoy the relaxed atmosphere as well as the delicious food. Favorites for us include the sushi, the cheese plate, the ravioli appetizer, and the pork tenderloin. We have managed to eat here once during fireworks time, and that IS wonderful, but don't let that be the determining factor on whether or not you eat here. (You can come back to view the fireworks from the observation deck if you've made an ADR for an earlier time.) During our last trip, I got some fantastic pictures of the Fantasyland expansion from the deck of the CA Grill.

In light of the "overrated" and "underrated" threads I suppose I shouldn't gush too much. I recommend reviewing the menu. What is on the menu is prepared very well, and we've enjoyed the wines here as well.

BugeyedMuggy
07-22-2012, 04:14 PM
We had very poor service and the food was just ok. If you wat a view of fireworks go for it.

mom2morgan
07-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Exquisite food and wonderful service! I especially like that the children's menu has "real" food - thoughtfully considered and well presented, and not just the usual macaroni and hit dogs. It IS quite expensive so we save it for special occasions - last one was my daughter's 16th birthday.

PlutoPlanet
07-23-2012, 12:38 PM
We aren't sushi fans, so CG is not one of our favorites, but it is one of the most popular restaurants over all at WDW. It's worth a try IMHO.

Disney Yankee
07-23-2012, 01:05 PM
California Grill is my absolute favorite restaurant in WDW!!!!:thumbsup: I am upset because I heard it will be closed when we go on our next vacation (next summer). If you can go there, you should:)

SBETigg
07-23-2012, 01:45 PM
I think California Grill is outstanding for sushi fans or for people who don't even like sushi. The menu is extensive. We've always had excellent food and service. But it is going down for a rehab soon, so check the dates to make sure of availability.