PDA

View Full Version : Bring food into parks

disneyduggan
07-21-2012, 05:18 PM
I forget...upon park entry are backpacks searched for food? Can you bring your own snacks into the park?

Dopey's Girl
07-21-2012, 05:23 PM
You sure can, we do quite often. They check bags, but there isn't much they would confiscate. No glass containers, no alcohol.

Nascfan
07-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Isn't there an exception on the no glass for baby food? I can't remember. But regardless, bring a lunch for the whole family if you like, just remember the general no glass/no alcohol that Dopey's Girl pointed out. Oh, and maybe an extra sandwich for the security guard? j/k ;)

finaldynasty
07-21-2012, 05:50 PM
You sure can, we do quite often. They check bags, but there isn't much they would confiscate. No glass containers, no alcohol.

This is true. We bring in snacks every trip even if we are on the dining plan. They allowed us to bring in baby food, but that was back in 2008. I don't think they have changed the policy since then.

disneynarula
07-24-2012, 10:51 AM
We always bring snacks in.

cfoshe
07-24-2012, 01:22 PM
They also do not allow mouse traps.:D

minnie04
07-24-2012, 01:50 PM
We always take a few things in. It's nice to have something to snack on until everyone is really hungry. :mickey:

Dyanna
07-24-2012, 07:51 PM
We pack water & snacks in a backpack & have never had a problem taking them into the parks.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
07-24-2012, 08:09 PM
No knives, no glass containers (except baby food), no alcohol. And of course like CFOSHE said - no mouse traps. :D

Skippy
07-24-2012, 09:00 PM
There is a size limit to the coolers, and no glass (excluding baby food)or alcohol. Other than that, snack to your hearts content.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/theme-parks/

CleveRocks
07-25-2012, 10:55 PM
The glass exemption is for baby food jars AND perfume bottles.

Otherwise, no glass, no alcohol, no hard-sided or rolling coolers.

In addition, there are 2 additional restrictions for Animal Kingdom: no straws and no balloons. Sounds easy, right? The biggest "OH NO!" moment that parents have at bag check: juice boxes have straws, so they can't be brought into Animal Kingdom.

seanyred
07-25-2012, 11:39 PM
The glass exemption is for baby food jars AND perfume bottles.

Otherwise, no glass, no alcohol, no hard-sided or rolling coolers.

In addition, there are 2 additional restrictions for Animal Kingdom: no straws and no balloons. Sounds easy, right? The biggest "OH NO!" moment that parents have at bag check: juice boxes have straws, so they can't be brought into Animal Kingdom.

Regarding the juice boxes, its funny I have had my bags checked with juice boxes in them and they have never been taken away. But I know that it's a rule and try to remember that each time I go. Often I might bring a juice box with no straw and then just use a fork to puncture the hole and then poor it into a kids sippy cup.

As for coolers, we always bring a a soft sided cooler filled with sandwiches and snacks, helps save on the meals.

indytraveler
07-26-2012, 08:21 AM
If you use frozen water bottles as ice to keep things cold you can then drink those as they thaw out. As long as you don't need to keep your snacks chilled anymore.

Arielfan98
07-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Yes they allow snacks in as long as you have no alcohol or glass.

DisneyDawgette
07-27-2012, 01:19 AM
You can bring food into the parks, as has already been said! We do backpacks with our lunches, and on days where we're in a hurry to get things done, we eat while we wait in line! It may sound like a pain, but it worked well for DBF and I- and the 12 kids we chaperoned!

But definitely save room for a Dole Whip at the end of the day! :cloud9:

eandrsmom
07-29-2012, 09:43 AM
I went to AK yesterday with Capri Suns in our backpack. I had no problems with them when they checked the backpack even though they have little straws attached.

CleveRocks
08-02-2012, 05:27 PM
I went to AK yesterday with Capri Suns in our backpack. I had no problems with them when they checked the backpack even though they have little straws attached.
You got lucky. But I would never advise people to take that same chance.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-03-2012, 10:30 PM
I've taken cans or plastic bottles of Pepsi in as well as water. And unfortunately they don't always enforce the no rolling coolers as I've seen them quite a few times. It's way too easy to trip over them as people are pulling them behind them.