PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Halloween Party

BethanyAnne
07-21-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't know if this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it .. so help please :)

The MNSSHP will be like 4 of the days we're there. I am seriously considering purchasing tickets. But we are 4 adults with no kids. Is it worth it for the extra time to ride the rides? How crowded is it? Are the tickets for a specific day? Can I buy a ticket and then decide which day I want to go?

Thanks!
Beth

Quadstriker
07-21-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't know if this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it .. so help please :)

The MNSSHP will be like 4 of the days we're there. I am seriously considering purchasing tickets. But we are 4 adults with no kids. Is it worth it for the extra time to ride the rides? How crowded is it? Are the tickets for a specific day? Can I buy a ticket and then decide which day I want to go?

Thanks!
Beth

Go to MNSSHP for the parade and celebration (and it's worth it! Headless Horseman ftw!). If all you want is extra time for rides it's a poor use of cash.

It's crowded.

Tickets are purchased for a specific day.

Strmchsr
07-21-2012, 04:30 PM
:ditto: Definitely not worth it just for the rides. If you like the special parade, HalloWishes, shows, and trick-or-treating (even adults do it) then it's worth the money but it's way too crowded (often more so than a regular park day) to do it just for the rides.

Pop Centurion
07-21-2012, 06:49 PM
I agree. Don't waste your money for extra ride time. Go to enjoy the parade, fireworks, villains mix & mingle, trick or treating, rare character photo ops, dance parties, & overall theme.
The only ride we ever do during MNSSHP is HM only because it seems like the right thing to do to add to the experience.
You can enter the park at 4:00 so I'd do any rides you want to do then before the party starts at 7:00. One bit of advice I can give is to find out where the 7 Dwarfs will be (last year it was over by the Splash Mountain queue) & go get in line at least 30-45mins before the party. During the party the line will be ridiculously long (almost an hour) & it wastes so much time.

Crowds depend on when you go. We've always done the first show in Sept & it's very mild. The closer you get to Halloween the crowds increase. Weekdays will most likely be less crowded than weekends due to locals having school/work.

faline
07-21-2012, 06:56 PM
The party tickets are for a specific night. If you go, you would need to decide which night you want to attend and your tickets would be good for that evening only.

As noted, you can enter the park on your party tickets around 4 o'clock on the day of your event. The park will close to day guests at 7 and from then until midnight the party is for those who purchased the party tickets.

We've gone a number of times and can only remember one occasion when we spent a fair amount of our party time riding the attracations. Typically, we will spend our time trick or treating, watching the special parade and/or the special fireworks. We do try to get to the Haunted Mansion and have seen them blow extra "fog" around the exterior on park evenings.

The tickets are getting pricey. A few years ago, we didn't hesitate to go to two parties on the same trip. Prices are getting close to the tipping point for us - in terms of whether or not they are worthwhile purchasing. We've also noticed that the prices go up as you get closer to Halloween.

lawgirl
07-21-2012, 09:19 PM
My husband and I went by ourselves last year, and absolutely loved it. We went early, around 5, and stayed until park closing after midnite. It was awesome. I love costumes and getting dressed up, and it was soooo much fun to walk around in POTC costumes, and to see everyone else festive and having fun with it.

The parades are so cool, and the fireworks were awesome as well.

I highly recommend it, even if it is pricey. They way I look at it, is that is our park day. We hang out at the hotel and rest up that day and then get ready and head out to get there around 4:30 or 5pm. To me, its cheaper than buying an actual park ticket for during the day, and I'd rather be there from 4pm-midnite anyways. And its so festive and fun! I felt like it really cut back on the crowd too, so for me its the perfect event!

WDW&MK
07-21-2012, 09:22 PM
We go to the first party in Sept. Crowds are very light. That's when we ride Peter Pan and a couple other things we normally don't want to wait in line for, but I am sure the closer it gets to Halloween, the bigger the crowds are.

It is just DH and myself. We love the party!! The parade is fantastic. As someone else said, the Headless Horseman is worth the price of the ticket to us - not to be missed!! Trick or treating and special character meet and greets are really fun even for adults. :thumbsup: If you can go on a weekday, that's what I'd opt for.

CanadaLovesDisney
07-21-2012, 10:02 PM
We have been all adults and totally loved it!

Parade and fireworks are so worth it. And normally we aren't really into the parades.
:mickey:

Darbylew
07-21-2012, 11:31 PM
We love the MNSSHP. It is a lot of fun. The
parade is great. Even adults can trick or treat in the MK as they give you a trick or treat bag when you get to the party. I really think it is
worth the extra ticket. The fireworks for the party is great as well. Buying your tickets in
advance saves you a little money. Have a fun time. :pumpkin::blackcat::ghost::mpumpkin::witch: