PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for the Colorado victims and families

Cinderelley
07-21-2012, 03:23 AM
Sorry if someone has started this already, but I wanted to remind everyone to send out their prayers and pixie dust for everyone affected by the shootings in Colorado

Kenny1113
07-21-2012, 07:26 AM
Absolutely! Just horrible smh :(

mgmnut
07-21-2012, 08:58 AM
It's just unbelievable someone could be so heartless and numb when it comes to innocent human lives.

If there was ever a case to support capital punishment, this is it!! Why even waste the money on a trial

My heart goes out to all the victims, and thier families who have to go through dealing with these sensless killings.

Although I live over 3,000 miles away in Mass, my 2 kids were at the midnight screening out here with my sister, I couldn't imagine having to go through this.

PirateLover
07-21-2012, 09:28 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with all affected by this horrible monster of a human being. Just pure evil. And so close to columbine...

princessgirls
07-21-2012, 11:56 AM
So tragic.

We live in a crazy world. I can't imagine the sadness of the victim's families.

My prayers are with them all!

Julie:mickey:

faline
07-21-2012, 12:05 PM
A senseless tragedy. So sad for all those directly affected.

SBETigg
07-21-2012, 12:18 PM
It's hard to even wrap my mind around it, so horrific. I'm so sorry for the victims and their families, and my thoughts and prayers are with them and with those who have terrible memories of past violence brought back to them with this tragedy.

MNNHFLTX
07-21-2012, 12:30 PM
A truly tragic situation....I tear up every time I see coverage of it. My prayers are all of those affected and the Aurora community as a whole. :(

buzznwoodysmom
07-21-2012, 02:45 PM
My thoughts and prayers to the victims, families, and all those close to the situation. Such a sad, senseless thing to happen.

Wolf
07-23-2012, 02:59 PM
My heart breaks for my fellow nerd brethren who were lost this day...And as a batman/joker/harley quinn fanatic I personally would like to meet that idiot in a dark alley with a baseball bat :thedolls: and just "talk" to him...I swear to yall all nerdy folks aren't like that...incase anyone wondered. <3

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-23-2012, 07:28 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to all impacted by this senseless violence, including his family. And seeing him at his arraignment today? I wonder how long he practiced in the mirror!!?? And then I read on line that they pulled a guy over on the Maine turnpike yesterday doing 112 miles per hour. He had rifles, hand guns etc and he had gone to see the movie too. He was on his way to NH to kill a former employer. I haven't seen the movie and had no plans to but I don't think the movie is the cause of this. I think there are just a lot of sickos in this world. I can't help but believe in the old adage-an eye for an eye! Sorry if that offenses people but when you are caught REDHANDED I have no sympathy. And don't claim the insane or mentally challenged card either. You had the forthought to plan it all out, including boobie trapping your apartment. Be prepared to pay the price. It won't bring all the poor vicims back though or give solace to their families. But maybe they will feel better knowing that guy isn't enjoying life, even if it would have been behind bars. Which by the way, WE would be paying for!

My prayers and thoughts to the victims.

Wolf
07-24-2012, 11:02 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to all impacted by this senseless violence, including his family. And seeing him at his arraignment today? I wonder how long he practiced in the mirror!!?? And then I read on line that they pulled a guy over on the Maine turnpike yesterday doing 112 miles per hour. He had rifles, hand guns etc and he had gone to see the movie too. He was on his way to NH to kill a former employer. I haven't seen the movie and had no plans to but I don't think the movie is the cause of this. I think there are just a lot of sickos in this world. I can't help but believe in the old adage-an eye for an eye! Sorry if that offenses people but when you are caught REDHANDED I have no sympathy. And don't claim the insane or mentally challenged card either. You had the forthought to plan it all out, including boobie trapping your apartment. Be prepared to pay the price. It won't bring all the poor vicims back though or give solace to their families. But maybe they will feel better knowing that guy isn't enjoying life, even if it would have been behind bars. Which by the way, WE would be paying for!

My prayers and thoughts to the victims.

Thats awful, I hadn't heard that...Whats so stupid about all this is these idiots shooting people, Batman hated guns more than anything...Its so insane how people are nowadays...Its heartbreaking to me the families that have to hurt because of some idiot...:(

RedSoxFan
07-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Such a tragic story. My son's girlfriends' cousin was one of the people killed. Heartbreaking.:(

Pop Centurion
07-28-2012, 01:48 PM
While my heart goes out to everyone affected by this tragedy, one of the fathers of a victim really needs to grow up.
I was reading a newspaper article from the preliminary hearing which stated he was staring at the defendant with "intense looks" the entire time. When the defendant looked his way the guy's facial expressions were of an intimidating nature.
Now I understand the guy lost his son & there's a lot of rage & anger built up. But does he really think that "hard looks" at someone you will never be able to confront is going to intimidate anyone. But here's the kicker. The reporter decided to interview the guy after seeing this & the guy was quoted as saying "the whole thing is a joke. The guy is half the size of my son who was a personal trainer. My son would have wiped the floor up with him without even breaking a sweat."
I mean come on. This is a tragic time for many people & you're in court acting like a tough guy. Who cares how tough you or your son is. How about honoring your son with some respect!

PirateLover
07-28-2012, 01:55 PM
This is a tragic time for many people & you're in court acting like a tough guy. Who cares how tough you or your son is. How about honoring your son with some respect!

Everyone grieves differently. Maybe in his head, that is a way to honor his son. I'm not sure how I would feel if one of my relatives was murdered, and I made eye contact with the murderer in court. As you said, he will never be able to confront him himself, so this is all he has. I probably would be shooting daggers too. I say more shame belongs on the media for exploiting this man's emotions for TV.

Pop Centurion
07-28-2012, 03:35 PM
I agree that everyone grieves differently but he should have wondered if his son would have wanted him making braggadocious statements about how easily he could have beat the defendant up. Even using size comparison to insinuate bigger is always stronger. It just kind of says something about the guys everyday personality regardless of the current situation.
Again, I feel for the guy but he should think before speaking.

Wolf
07-30-2012, 02:17 PM
the guy was quoted as saying "the whole thing is a joke. The guy is half the size of my son who was a personal trainer. My son would have wiped the floor up with him without even breaking a sweat."
I mean come on. This is a tragic time for many people & you're in court acting like a tough guy. Who cares how tough you or your son is. How about honoring your son with some respect!

That man will never know that people telling their sons and daughters to show agression and power over "weaker" "nerdy" kids is what I'd be willing to bet lead (At least in part) to this shooting, its alot like Columbine in nature. The guy was obviously smart and until bullying is stamped out of the "okay to do cause its cool" category, tragic things like this won't stop...It all makes my heart ache for those lost in this...:(

SBETigg
07-30-2012, 02:53 PM
That man will never know that people telling their sons and daughters to show agression and power over "weaker" "nerdy" kids is what I'd be willing to bet lead (At least in part) to this shooting, its alot like Columbine in nature. The guy was obviously smart and until bullying is stamped out of the "okay to do cause its cool" category, tragic things like this won't stop...It all makes my heart ache for those lost in this...:(

Arguably, the whole bullying angle in the Columbine shooting was latched on to and spread by the media. You can study more on the topic in the many books and articles that have appeared on the subject in the ten years since the tragedy.

Like the Columbine shooters, this man appears to be deeply disturbed and bullying likely had nothing to do with it, as it actually may have had nothing to do with Columbine by more recent accounts. Allegations are now that those boys were not actually bullied and one of them was, in fact, quite privileged and popular while the other would have been called a bully himself. This makes neither scenario any less tragic or senseless, of course. And I was just reading about Ashley Moser, a 25 year old woman who lost her six year old in the shooting and was shot three times herself. She just miscarried (she was 10 weeks pregnant) after surgery, and she might be paralyzed from her injuries. My heart breaks for her, and for everyone else there living with loss, wounds, and haunting memories. I have no criticism for the people who have to deal with loss, however they deal, as long as it's within their rights and the law.