PDA

View Full Version : "Changing your ADR" hint

RBrooksC
07-20-2012, 09:38 PM
We discovered today that some friends of ours who live near Orlando can only visit with us the first day of our trip.

So, we decided to see if they could meet us for dinner. We had ADRs at Whispering Canyon for 6:45 and we needed to change the number of people from four to eight. I realized it was a big jump so I thought I would call to be nice and change the number instead of just showing up and letting them know.

I called Disney Dining and was basically told they could not accommodate us with that number and there was nothing they could do.

So, I ended that call and called Whispering Canyon to ask them if they could help. I explained my situation and how I wanted to let them know and not just "show up." Not only did he say it was not a problem. He went into our ADR and changed it to reflect our new number.

So, don't hesitate to call your dining establishment to see what they can do if situations change. The establishment itself may have much more flexibility than the phone representative at the Disney call center.

Kenny1113
07-21-2012, 07:37 AM
We had a similar situation. We ran into some friends at EPCOT. While spending the day with them we explained that we had dinner reservations at SAn Angel Inn. I asked if they were interested joining. They said yes. The restaurant was turning people away because they were booked. But when I spoke with the hostess to ask about adding 4 more to our party of four, they said it was not a problem.

DNS
07-21-2012, 11:16 AM
I am glad they were accommodating. That seems like the fair thing to do. I think it's pretty sad that the first CM would help you out.

SBETigg
07-21-2012, 11:49 AM
That's a really good tip. I'm so glad that worked out for you.

lawgirl
07-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Good to know! Thanks for sharing.