PDA

View Full Version : Anything new???

PETE FROM NYC
07-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Our last visit was September 2010,.
Anything new in the parks since then?
I am on Intercot almost daily, but DW wanted me to ask anyway.

faline
07-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Still a lot of construction in the Magic Kingdom. Dumbo has moved and the new double ride has opened. The train station in the new section of Fantasyland is now open.

Can't really think of anything else at the moment.

wdwfansince75
07-20-2012, 07:40 PM
They seem to have made the parks bigger...All the distances seemed longer last year....I don't remember getting so tired walking the parks when I was younger!

VWL Mom
07-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Also in MK, BTMRR has been refurbished with some new scenery added and changes to the queue area and it looks pretty good. In Epcot they opened Tutto Gusto which is a wine bar that serves tapas, very nice. They also redid Tutto Italia, looks great but the new menu was disappointing.

They seem to have made the parks bigger...All the distances seemed longer last year....I don't remember getting so tired walking the parks when I was younger! ;)

darthmacho
07-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Wow! Our last trip was in August 2010, and I was thinking the exact same thing! Here is what I have come up with, and it is a lot more than I would have thought:

Haunted Mansion has a new interactive queue, and a change to the Hitchhiking Ghost scene. I can't wait to see it!
The thing where they put people's pictures on the castle wasn't going on when we went in 2010.
Winnie the Pooh has a new interactive queue.
Big Thunder Mountain has undergone an extensive refurb.
Dumbo has been doubled and moved.
A LOT of construction has gone on in Fantasyland. Too bad that Mermaid won't be done.
Magic Kingdom has a new interactive game.
Toy Story Mania was closed for refurb during our trip, so it will be new to us.
Star Tours has a new version.

I can't think of anything else. It seems like most of the changes are at MK, and not so much at the other parks. Maybe I'm forgetting some.