PDA

View Full Version : Ohana

Lizzie
07-20-2012, 01:31 AM
So I sat down to use the online system for adr's and I couldn't get any times for Ohana for dinner. Wil I have better luck with calling? How do walk ups go if I get there right when dinner service starts? When does dinner start?

Our trip isn't until November but we didn't book it until last week so I feel late in the game making reservations.

teamblackwell
07-20-2012, 01:36 AM
Do you want to eat at O'hana or eat with Obama?

Lizzie
07-20-2012, 01:41 AM
Wow that was a typo I meant Ohana
I actually think that was autocorrect that helped me with that one.

disneynarula
07-20-2012, 02:45 AM
Just keep trying. Since 'Ohana now requires a cc number to hold a reservation someone might cancel within the 24 hour window. We just cancelled our ADR for 'Ohana in October.

If you are going during the free dining promotion this might be more difficult.

I would book a back up ADR just in case. Maybe you could book an ADR at the Kona cafe at the Poly and then you would be there and could easily check to see if their is an opening at 'Ohana.

I don't think getting there at the first seating time makes a difference.

Dopey's Girl
07-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Keep trying...with the new credit card system, I'm sure someone will cancel. I got into Le Cellier by trying every few days. Are you trying for a specific time? I always just put in Dinner (not a specific time) and seem to have some luck.

Your typo made me giggle. My dad has made one call to Disney in nearly 30 years of trips. He was calling to get into O'hana and called it Osama's. The lady on the dining line was dying laughing. We haven't let him forget it and it's been nearly 10 years!

Wolf
07-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Autocorrect makes me giggle. Also keep trying or call directly, I had a hard time getting Beach Club for dinner for our Oct trip, just call if you can't get the site to work within like a week, it'll get it situated for ya!

SBETigg
07-20-2012, 09:34 AM
It's funny because I looked at this three times and actually thought 'Ohana, and then the fourth time I said, Huh, wait?

I think you can keep checking times online and it wouldn't hurt to call, either. I would not chance this one as a walk-up. The line gets really long and who knows how much time you could waste waiting, if it even works out.

TheDuckRocks
07-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Thank you for the typo, it made my morning!

natstroop
07-20-2012, 10:42 AM
I was trying to score at Ohana's for the beginning of December. I had all my resies done at my 180 day mark, but had switched my itinerary around and needed to get Ohana's for a different day. There was nothing available for the day I wanted for almost two weeks. But then luckily, after trying several times a day for those two weeks, something opened up! I tried in the morning, then the afternoon, and finally in the evening I got the resie. I never called them, I just kept trying online. So keep trying...something might just open up.

MaterializedHaunt
07-20-2012, 11:15 AM
I don't know about you, but when I can't get an ADR set up, it is usually on my mind all the time! I personally call once in the morning and once in the evening everyday till I get it. You have a long ways to go before your trip so you will definatly get it. And when the new CC (like others pointed out) there will be more cancellations.

DNS
07-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Just keep trying. Since 'Ohana now requires a cc number to hold a reservation someone might cancel within the 24 hour window. We just cancelled our ADR for 'Ohana in October.

If you are going during the free dining promotion this might be more difficult.

I would book a back up ADR just in case. Maybe you could book an ADR at the Kona cafe at the Poly and then you would be there and could easily check to see if their is an opening at 'Ohana.

I don't think getting there at the first seating time makes a difference.

First seating? Are there only set times to get a reservation here?

SBETigg
07-20-2012, 12:02 PM
First seating? Are there only set times to get a reservation here?

No, but dinner seating begins at (I think) 4:30? So, by "first seating" I believe people mean the opening time/first tables to be filled for the night, and not that there are actual set seating times at scheduled regular intervals (like you would find with dinner shows). It's often possible at restaurants to snag a walk up by showing up early before all reserved tables are being filled (a slower time) or to try later at night. This isn't always the case for 'Ohana.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-20-2012, 12:05 PM
I absolutely would keep calling, and do think you will get in. I'm like an earlier poster who just keeps randomly calling at odd times during the day when I have something in mind I really want. I often call when I get in the car for a good little ride to town. Just be prepared to pull over if they say yes! ;) Caught me off guard by the pool recently for Ohana--I was not prepared with card, paper, etc. lol. They were patient while I raced in the house searching for what I needed.
I also have done the walkup thing and gotten in several times, twice lately. It's not as easy as it once was, but it is possible. Really need to pland on a good wait, being there about 4:15, and they seat all the ressie people in line first, then start replacing cancellations, by numbers. (For example if a party of four cancels, then they look for a party of four...etc.)
Good luck! Our favorite place! :wave:

Lizzie
07-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the encouragement this was the only place my Mom requested we eat at. I will keep trying it seems like phone or internet it doesn't seem to matter how you try.

And yes autocorrect gets me every time you should see some of the texts I have sent. My husband gets a good laugh almost daily.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-20-2012, 12:26 PM
They start seating at 5:00.

disneydeb
07-20-2012, 12:50 PM
I saw the title and I was about to ask that we keep politics OUT of our Disney discussions! LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh!:mickey:

GusNJacque
07-20-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't know which one made me LOL more the Obama reference by the OP or the later Osama one. They both made me smile after such a sad day it has been with all going in the world. Thanks for the smiles.

PS: I heart Ohana's. :mickey:

A Big Kid
07-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Dunno about Obama's. But is there any good dining at The Yaght and Bush Club?

Hammer
07-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Sorry for the delay- typo has been fixed. Autocorrect gets me at least once a week. Just a couple of days ago my sister sent me a message and it said my sister Appled our Mom that afternoon. I asked her where that new verb came from :D !

LauraByTheSea
07-21-2012, 07:36 AM
You'd probably have better luck having dinner with Obama! ;) I have tried and tried and tried to get dinner reservations there for the last 3 years (almost 3 trips a year, including when we stayed at the Poly) and finally gave up and made breakfast reservations. LOL It was still nice though...

disneyduggan
07-21-2012, 01:06 PM
I just kept trying a couple of times each day and eventually go the date and time I wanted.