PDA

View Full Version : Pre-trip Report!!!!!!!!

honeebee86
07-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Hi :mickey:
My husband and I are headed to DLR August 6th - August 9th. We will be leaving Tampa very early and getting to LAX at 10:30 a.m. Monday and will be leaving at 10:30 p.m. from LAX Thursday. Thanks to having $400 credit each with Delta, this trip was possible. We live an hour and a half from WDW and this will be our 1st DLR trip. We kept saying that once Carsland opened, we would go to DLR. It will be exciting to see a different Disney park (the original) and to experience new rides and shows. We plan on doing just a few hours our first day at DL and catching either the fireworks or Fantasmic. We will probably check out downtown on our walk back to the hotel this night. Our second day we will take advantage of magic mornings and spend the whole day at DL and catch the parade and which ever night-time show we didn't do the night before. Our third day will be at California Adventure. Then our last day, will be to just take in a few more rides and enjoy DL before we have to be at the airport. We are super excited!!!!! Look for our trip report when we return!:mickey:
P.S. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

tinkwest
07-18-2012, 08:52 PM
My best advice - Don't stubbornly stick with your schedule. If the mood hits, mix it up a bit!

Your trip's coming up fast and it sounds like you are super excited. Have fun!! :chipdale:

Bret92
07-18-2012, 09:49 PM
I notice that you are talking about seeing fireworks or Fantasmic! I have to say, I am a big fireworks fan in the parks, and as I think Magical is a very good show, it is not the better of their regular shows. I would, however, say that if you like fireworks, get those in each night, and even if you only choose to see them once, I think Disneylands Fantasmic! is way better than at the Studios and it should definitely be seen more than once!...and this coming from someone whose home is Disney World.

I also feel that it is necessary to mention that if you like Magic, Memories and You...you should see it on the facade of it's a small world. It is very good and - I think - a must do.

Aside from nighttime shows, I would make sure to get in all the attractions that are either missing or different from their Disney World counterpart. The first couple that come to mind for me are Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Caribbean. (very abridged)

(Also, I'm slacking and very behind on my trip report from march, but I think it has some decent content so far and if you're interested in spoiling it with some pictures. It is the march report listed here)

faline
07-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Enjoy your trip!!