PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 4?

indytraveler
07-18-2012, 04:33 PM
I just saw Where they are going to make Toy Story 4. Why? (ok I know why $$$$) but I thought the franchise ended with Andy going to college and him giving up his best toys.

Are we to believe he buys them back in a garage sale for his kids? Any other thoughts on this one?

CajunDisneyDad
07-18-2012, 05:07 PM
I figured Buzz and Jesse would go off to Hogwarts while Woody went to Dagobah to study the ways of the force. And Mr. and Misses Potato Head become assasians trying to kill eachother. And mr Pricklepant joins MI-6 and becomes Agent 007... how many copyright infringments did I pile into one post :P oh and Rex and Trixie are captured and sent to an Island where Richie Rich wants to open a theme park with live toy Dino;s lol ;)

buzznwoodysmom
07-18-2012, 07:05 PM
I saw that today too. While my youngest would love to see another Toy Story, I felt the story ended on a great note in part 3. I really liked the ending, I felt "closure"so to speak. I'm sure if Pixar goes through with it it'll be great, but I just don't think the story needs to continue at this point. Just my opinion of course.

NJDad
07-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Well, the stories aren't really about Andy, they're more about the toys. Some folks saw the end of the last one and thought it was setting up the next sequel.

BrerGnat
07-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Is this actually true? I saw some rumors floating around about a Finding Nemo 2 as well, but they were squashed via Twitter by Andrew Stanton, I believe.

rjmdds
07-19-2012, 09:28 AM
I figured Buzz and Jesse would go off to Hogwarts while Woody went to Dagobah to study the ways of the force. And Mr. and Misses Potato Head become assasians trying to kill eachother. And mr Pricklepant joins MI-6 and becomes Agent 007... how many copyright infringments did I pile into one post :P oh and Rex and Trixie are captured and sent to an Island where Richie Rich wants to open a theme park with live toy Dino;s lol ;)

:funny:

CajunDisneyDad
07-19-2012, 09:29 AM
something that was sent to me. Take it for what it is worth

'Finding Nemo 2': Andrew Stanton Will Direct Pixar Sequel
The Huffington Post | By Christopher Rosen Posted: 07/17/2012 2:37 pm Updated: 07/18/2012 10:15 am

Back in May, "Finding Nemo" director Andrew Stanton told attendees at the Los Angeles Times Hero Complex Film Festival that he'd be interested in directing a sequel to the blockbuster Pixar film. Now, according to Deadline.com, that wish appears to be a reality. Stanton -- who last helmed the poorly received "John Carter" -- will direct "Finding Nemo 2."
Stanton has long wanted to make "Finding Nemo 2," reiterating at the Hero Complex Film Festival that he would do it if the story was right. "Finding Nemo" was a smash with audiences and critics, earning over $867 million worldwide; it's routinely hailed as one of the best Pixar films.
Ellen DeGeneres and Albert Brooks provided voice work in the original, but whether they return for part two is as yet unknown.
"Finding Nemo 2" would follow the "Toy Story" sequels, "Cars 2" and the upcoming prequel to "Monsters Inc." on the Pixar slate, but that doesn't mean the animation giant is shying away from the original films that helped make its name. Earlier this year, Pixar announced release dates for "Dia De Los Muertos" (from "Toy Story 3" director Lee Unkrich), "The Good Dinosaur" (from "Up" co-director Bob Peterson) and a feature going under the working title of "Untitled Pixar Movie that Takes You Inside the Mind" (from "Up" director Pete Docter). Those three films are set for release in 2014 and 2015.
"I’m sure you’ll see some other sequels of things as they grow because now we are not so blinded," Stanton was quoted as saying at the Hero Complex Film Festival. "It’s the originals that keep us really going and it’s the sequels that are like comfort food, and I think it’s the same way for the audience."
Before you purchase your "Finding Nemo 2" tickets, note that Pixar hasn't confirmed the news. As Deadline.com's Mike Fleming wrote, "Pixar continues to not be helpful on this, as they don’t comment on development."
For more on the project, including what it means for Stanton's career, head over to Deadline.com.

TinkerbellT421
07-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Is this actually true? I saw some rumors floating around about a Finding Nemo 2 as well, but they were squashed via Twitter by Andrew Stanton, I believe.

That's what I thought too! I actually saw a post yesterday on msnbc.com somewhere that these are rumors that have hit the internet world hard mostly started by people taking the idea of creating "short stories" and saying YAY it's a sequel! lol (Like picture the pixar films shorts) is what I believe their objective was but now has turned into a storm of sequel full movie rumors. And the Nemo 2 thing was stated that all they are doing is releasing the original Nemo in 3D come this fall I believe (Like they just did with the Lion King). Atleast that is what I got out of the article I read yesterday.

TinkerbellT421
07-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Sequel to 'Finding Nemo'? Maybe. 'Toy Story 4'? Not so fast ...
By Gael Fashingbauer Cooper, NBC News, and Courtney Garcia, NBC News contributor

Pixar
"Finding Nemo" may get a sequel.

Fans of Pixar animation had a field day Tuesday when stories about sequels to "Finding Nemo," "Toy Story" and "Monsters Inc." all popped up. But are they all true? Some reports have more basis in fact than others.
A representative of Disney told NBC News that Pixar does not comment on development, but that hasn't stopped the speculation.
Let's look at each film individually.
'Finding Nemo'
Though Nemo and Marlin's story seemed to wrap up quite tidily when the lost clownfish was reunited with his dad in 2003, you'll soon be seeing more dimensions of the little orange fish onscreen. A 3-D version of "Nemo" hits theaters on Sept. 14.
But what about "Finding Nemo 2"? On Tuesday, Deadline.com reported that director Andrew Stanton, who wrote and directed the first "Nemo" and also co-wrote "Monsters Inc.," and the "Toy Story" films, will direct a sequel. No confirmation from Pixar, but The Hollywood Reporter says that television writer Victoria Strouse will be writing the script while Lindsey Collins is producing, and that the film likely will be released in 2016.
However, Stanton himself created more fuel for the rumor fire late Tuesday when he tweeted, "Didn't you all learn from Chicken Little? Everyone calm down. Don't believe everything you read. Nothing to see here now. #skyisnotfalling."

'Toy Story 4'
Rumors that Woody, Buzz and the gang would reunite drove movie fans into an Internet rumor frenzy. Many were suspicious from the start, since the third film in the trilogy tied things up so neatly, with Andy driving off to college and handing his beloved toys over to young Bonnie to start a whole new life.
It seems that some of the rumors were sparked by a year-old BBC interview with Tom Hanks, voice of "Toy Story's" Woody. Hanks begins by talking about "Larry Crowne," his 2011 film with Julia Roberts, and is then asked about his granddaughter.
"Will there be a 'Toy Story 4' for her to see?" reporter Tim Muffett asks.
"I think there will be, yeah," Hanks says. "I think they're working on it now."
Some people now say that Hanks was referring to "Toy Story" shorts, such as "Toy Story Hawaiian Vacation," which aired before "Cars 2," or "Small Fry," which aired before "The Muppets," but others disagree. The reporter clearly asked about "Toy Story 4," but what that meant to Hanks is open for debate.
It's also possible that the "Toy Story 4" rumors came out of an online Disney book catalog that was spotted by numerous blogs and movie fans. The text in that catalog now reads "Three new Toy Story toons are in development to support franchise publishing in 2012. 'Hawaiian Vacation' released with 'Cars 2' in theaters and on DVD. 'Small Fry' released theatrically with 'The Muppets,' and all will begin airing on the Disney Channel in early 2012."

But according to screengrabs on movie blogs, including The Rotoscopers, that text has been edited. It originally also said, "In addition, two 22-minute TV specials are in the works for October 2013 and Spring 2014."
Whether it was Hanks' 2011 comment or the book catalog that sparked the "Toy Story 4" rumors, fans are having fun suggesting plotlines. If a fourth film is made, some are hoping for a prequel, showing Woody's life with Andy's (late?) father. Others want to see Woody, Jessie, Buzz and the gang having adventures with new owner Bonnie.
'Monsters University'
The 2001 Pixar film "Monsters Inc." will be getting a prequel in 2013. No rumors here -- a trailer for the film has already been shown before the movie "Brave" in theaters, and features monstrous pals Mike and Sulley meeting up in college. Apparently Monsters U is an "Animal House" type of school, with lampshade-on-head parties and Sulley pasting squares of mirrored glass on Mike to turn him into a disco ball.

'The Incredibles'
It's not getting the attention of "Toy Story," "Nemo" and "Monsters," but director Brad Bird continues to hint at a sequel to his popular animated comedy, "The Incredibles." "I would not say no to ['The Incredibles 2'], because I really love that world and I love those characters," Bird told IFC back in March. "If I can figure out a complete thing -- you know, I have a lot of ideas that I love -- but the whole story, I haven’t got it yet."

Other Pixar films to come reportedly include "The Good Dinosaur," supposedly about a world where dinosaurs never became extinct and scheduled for 2013, and two untitled films -- one about the Mexican Dia de los Muertos holiday and another set inside the human mind.

That's the article I saw yesterday via msnbc

DizneyFreak2002
07-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Certain movies shouldn't have a sequel.. Nemo is one of them... Let me guess the plot, um nemo gets lost and they go looking for him again???

Toy Story 4 doesn't need to be made either... But this is Disney forcing Pixar's hand... Agh, please leave things well enough alone and stop ruining the one great movie studio under your wing WDC!!!

Nascfan
07-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Well, the stories aren't really about Andy, they're more about the toys. Some folks saw the end of the last one and thought it was setting up the next sequel.

I agree with this. The movies were never really centered around Andy, but the toys. They could have a completely different owner and adventures, and as far as I'm concerned each movie in the franchise has been very entertaining so if they can keep that up, I'm game.

buzznwoodysmom
07-19-2012, 04:30 PM

Now that you say it, that's exactly what my son said even before we saw TS3.

He actually read a little Toy Story 3 book while sitting in one of the bay windows in the GF gift shop just before the movie came out. He put the book back on the shelf and told me there was going to be a Toy Story 4 based on the toys and their new owner, Bonnie!

So your right, the ending of 3 definitely sets up the potential for part 4 with the toys continuing their adventures with their new owner.

SBETigg
07-19-2012, 04:35 PM
My guess would be that Andy's part of the story is over (for now) and we see the little girl he left the toys with involved in the next adventure. As Denise said. But yeah, it's really all about the toys. Kids movies make money, and this is a beloved franchise. I can see it continuing successfully as long as it is done well and done right.

AgentC
07-20-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm not sure a full lengthToy Story 4 would be a good idea. I certainly see how they could do a film with Bonnie but I wonder what the focus would be.

I think the shorts work well because they can focus on the fun silly aspect of the toys, but I wonder what plot would work for a full length movie?

Woody has always been the heart of the plot. His struggles with friendship, change, and finding his place in the world. I feel they really resolved his issue in TS3 and it would feel very fake to me to cover that ground again.