PDA

View Full Version : Re-married by Capt.Jack Sparrow

2hapykdz
07-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Was brainstorming for upcoming trip in Sept and thought it would be cool if I could get Capt. Jack Sparrow to "re-marry" us for a video op. He's one of the few characters that speak and being a "sea captain"...has the authority! Anyone ever heard of any such thing or how to go about? Wanted it to be a surprise.

Strmchsr
07-18-2012, 12:53 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

No, I don't think Disney allows it's characters to do such a thing. About the only way I think it could happen is if you went to the Jack Sparrow meet n greet and asked him to do it. Depending on the person, he might play along and have some fun with it, but there's no way to guarantee.

IamBelle
07-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Welcome to Intercot! I have no idea how to go about that but it sounds like a REALLY cool idea!! Maybe contact guest relations??

SBETigg
07-18-2012, 03:36 PM
If you want to do any kind of wedding on Disney property and ask about it, they will probably want you to buy an expensive wedding package. No guarantees that Jack Sparrow would show up. You can buy character presence at your event, but I don't think Jack Sparrow is one of the available characters and I'm pretty sure he won't be allowed to officiate in any capacity. You could chance running into Jack Sparrow at the theme park, as Chris said, and ask if he will play along in the moment but that's a big risk, and maybe not quite what you are looking for. If you really want Jack Sparrow to officiate, best to hire your own impersonator and stage your own event off property, maybe?

2hapykdz
07-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Haven't been to Disney in a while, but was planning on grabbing him on the side and maybe slip him a few bucks....but it would be nice to set up in advance. Do you think anyone in guest relations would help????

Strmchsr
07-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Haven't been to Disney in a while, but was planning on grabbing him on the side and maybe slip him a few bucks....but it would be nice to set up in advance. Do you think anyone in guest relations would help????

You can always ask guest relations. I wouldn't expect much, but "slipping him a few bucks" definitely won't work. Every character has a handler that pays VERY close attention to any interaction with guests. The character is never allowed to break character and I'm sure the handler would intercept that immediately while the character would play it off.

I LoveJack
07-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Unless you find him out at one of the parties, Halloween or Christmas, he doesnt do meet and greets per say at the Magic Kingdom. He just does his pirate tutorial show and once it is over he runs off. Good luck.

emerzmom
07-18-2012, 09:07 PM
It sounds like it might not work but it was a fun idea.

Quadstriker
07-19-2012, 02:17 AM
I'll help field this one as I have first hand experience with this.

The short answer is No. No he won't read a script during a meet and greet or act out your renewal for a video opportunity in the parks.

The long answer is that Disney has a tremendous amount of vow renewal opportunities to make your day extra special! Characters serving as ministers (or any part of a wedding/vow renewal party) is not one of them.

You can pay to have characters show up at your planned Disney banquet event (desert party, reception, etc.). Captain Jack is definitely available for that. No, it is not cheap. I won't say how much because I don't want to be responsible for anyone falling out of their chairs and swallowing their own tongue. You can talk it over with your banquet coordinator if you're still interested (It was worth every penny). Said characters will not partake in any marriage or vow renewal.

2hapykdz
07-19-2012, 08:51 AM
I've seen the Pirate tutorial videos and it looks like he does run off as soon as it's over, but it does look like he deviates from his script a little when he interacts with the crowd....kinda like ad libbing when he gets a different response or question. Has anyone seen the pirate tutorial on different occasions and seen Jack "play" with the crowd much? I might just blurt something out about being a Capt. and re-marrying my wife. I would think he would stay in character and say something "anti-marriage", but maybe say something quick??

steamboat willy
07-19-2012, 09:06 AM
I actually surprised my DW with getting re- hitched when they still offered it at Garden Grill in The Land at EPCOT. A sever did the vows and Micky Mouse, Chip & Dale stood in as witnesses. We also received a Mickey signed certificate that still hangs on our bedroom wall. We also several years back attended a Meet & Greet with Captain Jack for some great photo opts. Maybe a very very short ceremony? Good luck and :welcome: to Inercot!

Quadstriker
07-19-2012, 03:11 PM
I might just blurt something out about being a Capt. and re-marrying my wife. I would think he would stay in character and say something "anti-marriage", but maybe say something quick??

Sure if that's what you're after that might be possible. You might get lucky.

BugeyedMuggy
07-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Sounds cool.....
Do you
Do you
They you are
I now pronounce you man and wife....Now where's the rum.

BIGDOG
07-20-2012, 01:58 PM
If Capt Sparrow is'nt available maybe you can get Capt. Hook can take care of you.

2hapykdz
07-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Does Capt. Hook speak???? And does anyone know if there is a Jack Sparrow meet and greet. The pirate tutorial is scripted and quick, would need 15-30 seconds for a video op!!!

Strmchsr
07-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Does Capt. Hook speak???? And does anyone know if there is a Jack Sparrow meet and greet. The pirate tutorial is scripted and quick, would need 15-30 seconds for a video op!!!

No, Captain Hook does not speak.

I think there was a Captain Jack meet n greet during the MNSSHP, but otherwise, no except the pirate tutorial as it is. My son got lucky and Captain Jack came strolling through the Pirate League while he was getting his make-up done. Jack stopped at every station for autographs, pics, and to chat a while with each kid. The CM told he that was extremely rare, but it was raining outside and they didn't do the pirate tutorial so apparently he decided to do that instead.

lawgirl
07-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Don't have any idea about that one, but this just made me SMILE big time! My hubby was Cap'n Jack for Halloween last year, and I was entranced!

What a fun idea! Good luck!