PDA

View Full Version : Singin' In the Rain Photo Op

EJS-Houston
07-18-2012, 12:03 PM
When I was there last November, the water wasn't working at the Singin' in the Rain photo op spot in Disney Hollywood Studios. Does anyone know whether they fixed it or not?

buzznwoodysmom
07-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Can't answer your question, but years ago we had the same problem. It was also in November, a Thanksgiving trip. I asked a CM if they could tell me why the umbrella wasn't working. He said that they turn it off when they have the Osborne Lights up?????:confused: It didn't make any sense to us, but that's what he told me. Something about not getting the lights wet. I asked him "then what happens when it rains for real?". He just looked at me funny and said "not sure". LOL.

MaterializedHaunt
07-18-2012, 01:08 PM
hahaha :funny: Thats too funny. 5 times or so the water hasen't been on for us either. And the Osborne lights were'nt up for a couple of the times either. Im sure there is more too it. Maybe this is Disney's idea of saving on the water bill :D

- MaterializedHaunt :hmghost:

Wolf
07-18-2012, 01:38 PM
I figure they only have that on during the summer because if it got really cold and someone got wet it would make for a bad trip even though its human error its probably still easier for them to just turn it off from prob Oct-March or something to keep people from ending up with kids with soaked shoes or something.

EJS-Houston
07-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Can't answer your question, but years ago we had the same problem. It was also in November, a Thanksgiving trip. I asked a CM if they could tell me why the umbrella wasn't working. He said that they turn it off when they have the Osborne Lights up?????:confused: It didn't make any sense to us, but that's what he told me. Something about not getting the lights wet. I asked him "then what happens when it rains for real?". He just looked at me funny and said "not sure". LOL.

That's hilarious! Maybe there's some sort of issue about water channeling directly into circuitry that wouldn't happen with rainfall. I don't know. I do know I tend to go the first week of November when the Osborne lights are already up, and the water's always been on before.

DizneyRox
07-18-2012, 03:04 PM
I can't remember the last time I saw it working. I'd guess that it goes back some 5 years, maybe more at this point. We go height of the summer when the rain would be a welcome experience.

buzznwoodysmom
07-18-2012, 03:59 PM
The CM told me about the lights being the reason it was off in 2007 I think. We've since gone back and it was working, then back again and it was not working. So I don't know if it's a matter of frequent breakdowns, or if they just choose to turn it off at certain times. It's sort of hit or miss I guess!

EJS-Houston
07-18-2012, 04:11 PM
I hope you're right, Buzznwoodysmom, and I find it working again when next I visit. It's one of those favorite little spots I love to visit...and every time I do, I seem to be the only one who knows what it is, or that it's even there. Everyone else just blithely walks by it and ignores it...never knowing that if they'd just stand under the umbrella, they'd experience a little Disney Hollywood magic.
:tink:

Renfairwedding
07-18-2012, 08:02 PM
I can't remember the last time I saw it working. I'd guess that it goes back some 5 years, maybe more at this point. We go height of the summer when the rain would be a welcome experience.

It can get awfully hot mid-summer… Maybe it just evaporated before it could hit the ground. ;)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
07-19-2012, 09:00 AM
It worked when DD and I were there in June - of course NOT when we were taking photos, but it did 'rain'.

hbell
07-22-2012, 09:46 AM
It worked last week, but the pressure point in the ground wasn't very sensitive. My daughter had to really put all of her weight on it before it would "rain".

Melanie
07-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Yeah, it was definitely working a month or so ago when we were there. :umbrella: