PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs in 10 days...never been before!

Guya103
07-17-2012, 11:53 PM
We just found out we are able to get a two bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs via rental of DVC points beginning the 27th of July! We have never stayed at this resort nor have we ever even been on the grounds. Please tell me anything about it that you can! We are wondering also, is there a boat service available from the resort to DTD? And, what is the grocery service that we can use to get items delivered for our stay? Thanks!

GAN
07-18-2012, 05:30 AM
Congrats and I'm sure you'll enjoy SSR. There used to be a boat service to DTD, but I thought I heard some service has been cut so I'm not positive if this was one of them -but I doubt it.

This would depend on where you are staying, but the High Rock pool can get crazy crowded -my kids were maybe 10/13 last time we were there and they didn't like it because there were too many small kids they had to watch out for. My tip would be to go for the quiet pools, we went over there and the kids had the pool to themselves -and had much more fun.

Regarding the grocery service, you would probably be better off going with an outside company. The DVC service is a little pricey, but convenient -it is basically whatever they sell over at Artist's Palette market. So if you needed anything you could just go over there and buy it.