PDA

View Full Version : Sandcastle club and adult dining

CMCTxMom
07-17-2012, 11:57 AM
We'll be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary in December, just before our WDW trip in January. I was thinking about scheduling a nice dinner for DH and myself while we're on our trip, and utilizing the Sandcastle Club for DD7 and DS4 during that time since we're staying at BCV.

1. Has anyone used the Sandcastle Club? What're your opinions based on your experiences?

2. Where should I schedule our dinner? I thought about Yachtsman, or Brown Derby. I also thought about Citrico's or Narcossies (sp?), but I wasn't sure how much travel time would eat up our Sandcastle Club time/expense. I've been to Yachtsman once but that was YEARS ago, and we haven't tried any of the others. DH is not a hugely adventurous eater. I'm a wannabe foodie. Thoughts, anyone?

Jillirose
07-17-2012, 01:28 PM
You will be right next to the Dolphin and Swan and could also consider BlueZoo, Il Mulino, Kimonos or Shula's Steakhouse.

ElenitaB
07-18-2012, 01:58 AM
I agree with staying in the Epcot resort area. My choice would be Flying Fish over at the Boardwalk or bluezoo at the Swolphin.

BrerGnat
07-18-2012, 08:06 AM
I can HIGHLY recommend Blue Zoo at the Dolphin. Phenomenal food, great drinks, excellent desserts. It can be "adventurous/foodie" if you want, or you can go basic like chicken or steak. Really awesome restaurant, though. Much better than any Disney owned ones.

If you have a reservation at the Blue Zoo, you get up to 2 complementary hours of kid care at Club Dolphin. However, I found it to be more geared towards older kids (mostly video games and stuff in there). The Sandcastle Club at the BC is around $12 per kid, per hour. Includes dinner (standard kids's meal choices). It's pricey, but the staff seemed very nice and were willing to answer all our questions. We almost left our 2 kids there, but they are both special needs, and I felt that (at the time) they were still a bit too young to really advocate for themselves if necessary. So, we look forward to trying out the club on our next trip.

The kids in the Sandcastle Club seemed to be having a great time, and I talked to a man who was dropping his daughter off at HER request for the third night in a row. That was funny...he was like "I guess we'll go to the bar or something...we weren't planning on this tonight." :)

CMCTxMom
07-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Hahaha - Natalie, that's funny! I can totally see it, though. I thought I'd read somewhere that we get a discount on the Sandcastle Club because we're staying at BC/BCV? I'll have to look into it. I'll revisit the BlueZoo menu, also. It's hard to imagine what cuisine we'll be craving in January when it's "cold"... it's 100+ right now! I wouldn't mind looking at some of the WS restaurants at Epcot, either... gotta make a call within a week or so when my ADR window opens up!