PDA

View Full Version : Dining spot for counter service

disneyduggan
07-17-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm not crazy about walking while eating and love ambiance. Where would you suggest has the best location to sit and eat counter service fare? I know I've seen some folks enjoying a snack on more than a park bench.

Mickey'sGirl
07-17-2012, 08:46 AM
You will find seating in the vacinity of the Counter Service locations. We choose to sit there and eat (I don't like wandering and eating)

Ms. Mode
07-17-2012, 09:02 AM
We like Columbia Harbor House in MK, The American Pavilion in Epcot, Starring Rolls or Backlot Studio in HS and of course Flametree BBQ in AK. All have plenty of shaded seating areas to enjoy your meal, or inside tables as the case may be. :)

steamboat willy
07-17-2012, 12:02 PM
This past trip we also dined Counter Service. In Animal Kingdom, we ate at Yay & Yati CS. After ordering we took a short walk down a slight incline to a covered dock eating area which was across the lake overlooking Expedition Everest and all of Asia. My choice location and view! ENJOY and save us a seat!:eat:

#1donaldfan
07-17-2012, 12:10 PM
All counter service options have places to sit while eating, some outside and some inside.....the food carts with pretzels and such are a differnt story......there are so many great places with much atmosphere.....my favorites are: Flametree, Pizzafari and Casey's Corner !!:cool:

azcavalier
07-17-2012, 12:58 PM
For just best ambiance and best place to relax, we absolutely prefer Columbia Harbor House at MK. Get your food, and then go upstairs and find a quiet nook. It is cool, has the best bathrooms, and it's fairly quiet.

Now, if you want to "people watch", this is not the place.

Disney Doll
07-17-2012, 01:13 PM
I think the best counter service seating has to be Flame Tree BBQ in AK. When you first walk up the seating area seems kind of smallish, but if you keep fallowing the path you will find lots of little terraces off the beaten path. The greenery is so lush and it's usually very peaceful. It's a great place to take a break and have a bite.

Pop Centurion
07-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Upstairs at Columbia Harbor House & the hidden areas at Flame Tree BBQ are my favorites as well.

While the food isn't the greatest, I also like grabbing something from either Catalina Eddies or Fairfax Fair during EMH's & watch people walking up & down Sunset Blvd. The lights & BG music add a nice ambiance.

EJS-Houston
07-18-2012, 12:19 PM
I think the best counter service seating has to be Flame Tree BBQ in AK. When you first walk up the seating area seems kind of smallish, but if you keep fallowing the path you will find lots of little terraces off the beaten path. The greenery is so lush and it's usually very peaceful. It's a great place to take a break and have a bite.

I enthusiastically concur...and I would add that my other favorite counter service restaurant at DisneyWorld is the counter-service Meditteranean place in the Morocco Pavilion at EPCOT (the name of the restaurant escapes me, but it's not to be confused with Marrakesh, which is a sit-down full-service restaurant)...which also has benches outside. The food's terrific there, and I have a lot of Meditteranean restaurants where I live to compare it to.

barnaby
07-18-2012, 12:34 PM
I like Pecos Bills. Neat setting and details and good food.

IamBelle
07-18-2012, 01:16 PM
MK: Columbia Harbour House is great! Try to grab a window seat upstairs. I also like Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, Sonny Eclipse puts on a great show!

DHS: I like Pizza Planet because it reminds me of Toy Story, which I adore, but food-wise is okay. I also like Starring Rolls because they have fantastic cupcakes!!

EPCOT: There are so many great choices to choose from! I like Tangerine Cafe in Morrocco, if you sit outside and time your meal just right, you can sit and watch the show that happens across the cafe!

AK: I really like Pizzafari for their breakfast counter service and the theme to the restaurant is great. For lunch or dinner I really like Flame Tree Bbq, but be careful of the birds...they like Flame tree bbq too!

DTD: I really like Earl of Sandwich at DTD...it's very tasty!

disneykid99
07-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Everyone is having great ideas. I second Caseys in MK. It is fun to sit out under the umbrellas and people and bird watch while eatting :-) MK also has Cosmic Rays - where Cosmic Ray sing lounge songs while you eat. side note - For some reason our DS has always had a thing against poor Cosmic Ray. Our DD enjoys him but our son would rather not eat there to avoid Ray. :confused:

Nascfan
07-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Beware of Cosmic Rays, you may find the meal taking twice as long because of being fascinated by Sonny's show! :mickey:

As many have answered, all the true CS places have seating, either inside or outside. We love Cosmic Rays, Columbia Harbour House, Backlot Express, Electric Umbrella, American Adventure, Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, just to name a few.

FatherForce
07-19-2012, 02:38 PM
We're partial to the outdoor seating in the England Pavilion next to the Rose and Crown. We get our Fish and Chips and sit there in the shade and either watch people or the water on the lagoon. I think the Boddington's might help too...

Gator
07-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Flame Tree is definitely the best, but I also like Tangeriene Cafe. The outside tables offer a great view the surrounding architecture and WS Lagoon.