PDA

View Full Version : Test Track

disneykid99
07-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Any new info on when Test Track will be up and running? We are hoping it will be ready by mid Sept.

Thank you,

MickeysBestPal
07-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Any new info on when Test Track will be up and running? We are hoping it will be ready by mid Sept.

Disney has never made a formal announcement.

It is rumored to be complete by the end of Nov. 2012,
so you will likely miss it this trip.

Strmchsr
07-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Right now the unofficial re-open date is Dec 1. So, I agree with the previous post that even if they're a little ahead of schedule there is almost no chance it'll be open in September.

disneykid99
07-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Thank you for the info. It is best to prepare the kids that it will be down. I am glad they love so many other things at Epcot. We will miss it but know it will still be a great time :mickey:

Strmchsr
07-16-2012, 06:06 PM
That's exactly the attitude we took with our boys in May. We still had a blast there even with their favorite ride down. Now looking forward to the next trip when we'll be able to ride TT 2.0

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Right now the unofficial re-open date is Dec 1. So, I agree with the previous post that even if they're a little ahead of schedule there is almost no chance it'll be open in September.

December 2 will be our last day in the parks, hopefully it will be up and running and we can get a chance to give it a go.

MickeysBestPal
07-19-2012, 04:27 PM
I throw this out because:

1- many guests don't know it.

2- it relates to the history of the ride in question.

QUESTION-
Back when Test Track was a brand new attraction at Epcot, it missed it's initial announced opening date in May of 1997 by:

A- 2 days?
B- 1 week?
C- 2 weeks?
D- 1 month?
E- 6 months?
F- 9 months?
E- 12 months?
G- 18 months?

--------------------------------

The best answer is "G" (and, actually, a bit longer than 18 months.)

There was a series of "soft openings" starting mid-Dec. of 1998, but the attraction was fraught with debilitating "system shutdowns"
for the months it was in soft open, and major ride interruptions were commonplace even after the formal/official opening date in mid-March of 1999.

So, while we can hope for a quick conclusion to the current "rebuild" of the attraction,
TT does not exactly have a stellar record of making it's opening dates. :secret:

Gator
07-19-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm hearing December 1, which is good because I plan to be there that day. However, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was a little off. It's such a tough attraction to fix and repair.

MickeysBestPal
07-19-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm hearing December 1, which is good because I plan to be there that day. However, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was a little off. It's such a tough attraction to fix and repair.

And, to keep things clear, Test Track is not closed for repair.

It was announced that the attraction was being redesigned.
It is not clear how much of the original ride will remain and how much will be all new.

It's unknown at this point exactly what the new TT will entail.
That was part of the reason for my earlier post.
If they are making a LOT of changes, it would be hard to predict
exactly WHEN the new attraction will be ready to open.

And again, Disney has yet to officially/formally announce any specific date for completion/reopening.

Strmchsr
07-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Actually, they've announced and released concept art on a good bit of the new ride. Not a ton of details, but enough to let you know the track itself will stay basically the same. It's only the show elements that are being redesigned and it will be completely new with none of the old show (except the outside ride) staying.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Would love to see the concept art, is it posted anywhere? :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
07-20-2012, 10:18 PM
The track is the only thing staying the same... Other than that, GM is making sure the warehouse look and feel of Test Track is fixed and changed...

Strmchsr
07-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Would love to see the concept art, is it posted anywhere? :mickey:

Oh, yeah. All over the place. You can see some of it here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/attractions/test-track/) on WDW's website and also google other images.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Thanks looks very cool :mickey:

fielin
07-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Actually, Disney DID post a reopening date ont their website. If you just go to 'park hours' in the top menu, you'll see this :

Test Track - Closed For Refurbishment [ Sunday, July 01 - Friday, November 30 ]

Which is a shame because I really hoped everybody would be wrong and it would be open by the time I got there at the end of october. :(

Dr. Disney
07-25-2012, 06:39 PM
I'll be there with my DW and mom :blush: in the beginning of October. Sad I will miss TT :(
At least I'll be checking out AoA - Little Mermaid rooms only 2 weeks old