PDA

View Full Version : Disney Hotel Hopping??

wendybird
07-16-2012, 03:48 PM
If we stay at the DH...can we wlk over and use the pools at GCH and vice versa??

BrerGnat
07-16-2012, 05:24 PM
No. The pools are strictly for guests of each individual resort.

The pools are surrounded by gates that require a room key swipe to unlock.

kimwilson
08-24-2012, 05:49 AM
Is there any way we can pay so that you can just use both pools without having to buy a hotel room in both hotels?

Elias1901
08-24-2012, 06:35 AM
Is there any way we can pay so that you can just use both pools without having to buy a hotel room in both hotels?

No.

kimwilson
08-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Thats too bad, because The Plaza Hotel NYC would let me do that when I stayed there, and it was delightful.

BrerGnat
08-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Thats too bad, because The Plaza Hotel NYC would let me do that when I stayed there, and it was delightful.

The Plaza Hotel, along with many other hotels in large cities, have no issue with letting people pay for pool access as "day guests" because they are in competition with neighboring hotels for money spent in BARS and RESTAURANTS. That's why they do this. Most guests at these types of hotels do NOT use the pool, so they can allow day guests.

Disney needs to build a water park in Anaheim and be done with it.

Elias1901
08-30-2012, 02:19 AM
Disney needs to build a water park in Anaheim and be done with it.

Oooo... fun! Any ideas on themes? Haha.

BrerGnat
08-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Oooo... fun! Any ideas on themes? Haha.

A few years ago, there was chatter about a Cajun themed water park at the DLR. It could still happen. Not sure how well that particular theme would do in Southern CA, but Disney owns more than enough space surrounding DLR to build a very nice water park. They just need to do it. Legoland built a decent water park inside its own park in Carlsbad a few years ago and it's actually really great!

I would not be surprised to see this happen in the future, although it would have to operate seasonally due to the chilly winter weather.

Elias1901
09-03-2012, 12:01 AM
A few years ago, there was chatter about a Cajun themed water park at the DLR. It could still happen. Not sure how well that particular theme would do in Southern CA, but Disney owns more than enough space surrounding DLR to build a very nice water park. They just need to do it. Legoland built a decent water park inside its own park in Carlsbad a few years ago and it's actually really great!

I would not be surprised to see this happen in the future, although it would have to operate seasonally due to the chilly winter weather.

Interesting enough. Though to me a Cajun themed water park sort of sounds random. But then again Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon are kinda random ideas too... well, more-so unique/original.

I wouldn't be opposed to a water park, but I think another theme park would be up my ally. Or at least a water park with unique fun things, like their water coaster concepts and such... just taken to the full extent that only Disney can dream up!