PDA

View Full Version : La Hacienda and Illuminations

fanofdisney
07-16-2012, 11:11 AM
We have a 7:30 adr for La Hacienda. Is it possible to watch Illuminations from here? If so is it a good view? Do they have patio tables like Rose and Crown? Can I make a request?
Thanks

faline
07-16-2012, 12:47 PM
We dined there in May but had an early dining time so did not plan to stay for Illuminations. We were one table back from the windows and clearly would have had a good view had we been there for a later dinner. As we were getting ready to leave, a party was seated at the window table next to us which would have been a "front row" view. They were planning to stay for Illuminations.

There is a patio there but I'm not sure if they are using it for table service dining or quick service in the evenings.

fanofdisney
07-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck seeing Illuminations from here?

Pop Centurion
07-21-2012, 02:48 PM
We ate there last year & had table 3 rows from the window. We still had a decent view but unless you're right at the window there are parts of the show you won't be able to see. All in all it's a nice experience if you've seen Illuminations enough times that you won't mind not seeing certain parts.

fanofdisney
07-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks, good to know.

Pop Centurion
07-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Forgot to mention. The outside seating is only for La Cantina. Also if you search La Hacienda on youtube you can find some videos of various views of Illuminations to get an idea of how it will be.

Disney Hungarian
07-21-2012, 03:17 PM
I have been fortunate enough to have a window seat for 3 illuminations. I have also had a table 3 from the window. All had excellent views. I did notice that the place thinned out just before illuminations and that some of the tables that did not have a good view moved to the vacated tables to watch the show. I prefer to watch illuminations from inside La Hacienda as opposed to being outside. It is nice to sit back in a comfy chair in the air conditioning with an adult beverage and just enjoy the show.:thumbsup:

LVT
07-21-2012, 06:34 PM
We enjoyed the show even from the booths at the far wall. The windows made interesting frames. A lot of people left for illuminations and we could have moved, but it was fun.. I like to see the fireworks shows from several angles on each trip.

fanofdisney
07-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Oh that is great, I am so happy to hear that!
Any tricks to getting a table by the window? Although is sounds like if we don't get one we will be happy anyway :party: