PDA

View Full Version : Nine Days--Single Digits! Come on!

mickeys_princess_mom
07-16-2012, 11:10 AM
"Nine days"..."next" week...Whatever words sound sooner---almost there! I am soooo packed.
Hot--I know. Crowded--I'm sure. Still rarin' to go!!!
It's Disney! :mjump: :vacation: :fworks:

CanadianWDWFan
07-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Exciting isn't it!!! We leave in 5 days so we know how you are feeling.:mickey:

dizneydeb22
07-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Have a great trip! We leave in 26 days, so we have 16 days until we can check in online! It seems shorter when we do it in stages! These aer the hardest days! If they only went as fast as our weekends! :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Exciting isn't it!!! We leave in 5 days so we know how you are feeling.:mickey:

:high5: Have fun!!!!! :wave:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Have a great trip! We leave in 26 days, so we have 16 days until we can check in online! It seems shorter when we do it in stages! These aer the hardest days! If they only went as fast as our weekends! :mickey:

Oooh! I never realized it was that soon! So, technically I can now, right?! I haven't done this before--my sweet DD has. Is it true that if you're hoping to ask sweetly for a room up close and hope it works, that you probably should just wait to check in?

dizneydeb22
07-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Oooh! I never realized it was that soon! So, technically I can now, right?! I haven't done this before--my sweet DD has. Is it true that if you're hoping to ask sweetly for a room up close and hope it works, that you probably should just wait to check in?

We requested our rooms be in a close building in POR once, before we knew about "preferred" areas. We faxed, called in, and noted our request on our ressie and when we checked in, we got it! But on our next trip to the POP, we did the same thing and we could not get it, but they did get us as close to possible.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. In all honesty, the trip to the POP was the only time they weren't able to accommodate us. But we were still nice to them and they did their best. There was a woman next to us raising heck that she requested a close room but it was not honored. They put her in the furthest section. Now I don't know if this was done on purpose, but they were there screaming when we walked up to check and they accommodated us! :mickey: You know the saying, more bees with honey...yada yada yada!

Look at the map of the resort and have a game plan in case it is not available. I think it has to do with time of day, time of year, and quite frankly...LUCK!

Good luck!:pixie:

buzznwoodysmom
07-16-2012, 05:00 PM
We are right behind you! We leave in about 10 days, and it doesn't feel real. I haven't even started about packing. Gonna be a last minute packing job for sure.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-16-2012, 10:43 PM
But we were still nice to them and they did their best. There was a woman next to us raising heck that she requested a close room but it was not honored. They put her in the furthest section. Now I don't know if this was done on purpose, but they were there screaming when we walked up to check and they accommodated us! :mickey: You know the saying, more bees with honey...yada yada yada! Good luck!:pixie:

Yes--I am fond of the "bees with honey" way, too. I bet you are right about that woman's antics and her results. ;) So far we have been realllly lucky with things. Just cutting this trip as tightly as possible so we couldn't do:mickey: the preferred thing this time. All I can do is ask very nicely. Hopefully they will have something good for us.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-16-2012, 10:48 PM
We are right behind you! We leave in about 10 days, and it doesn't feel real. I haven't even started about packing. Gonna be a last minute packing job for sure.

I have tried to hold back, always get sooo psyched about going! I can't help it--when it's this close I am just about losing my mind with anticipation! :dizzy: :cheer:

Have a great trip!!!! :wave:

LudwigVonDrake
07-17-2012, 06:29 AM
Have a great trip!!! I'm leaving tomorrow!!! :wave:

BayLaker25
07-17-2012, 08:29 AM
I'm dying we have 3 days until we start driving and 4 days until we are there!!!! This is going to be the longest week at work because I can't stop thinking about vacation...I really need to be in WDW right now, hitting single digits always makes it feel real!:mickey:

CMCTxMom
07-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Y'all have great trips! We have 185 days. DH is afraid I'm going to drive him Disney-crazy before then! So I hang out here. BUT this year when I watch Mickey's Christmas Parade on Chrismas Day (let's face it - it's really just a Looo-oooong, but fun, commercial!) just after we've broken the news to the kids that we're going to WDW in 24 days, we'll have the best time ever!

DisneyorBust
07-17-2012, 01:16 PM
We here on Intercot ALL know the excitement that your experiencing right now! Thanks for sharing the excitement, though I am a bit envious. :D We return in November, sooooo far off! Have a fantastic time.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Have a great trip!!! I'm leaving tomorrow!!! :wave:

Great! Have funnnn!!!! Let us know how things are going if you can! I am kind of freaking out hearing about the loud tour groups---I realllly didn't realize this! Not as concerned about the heat now as I am about this. Not gonna let anything spoil our fun, just hopeful we won't have to experience a stampede or anything.
Stay cool! :wave:

:fan: :vacation:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-17-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm dying we have 3 days until we start driving and 4 days until we are there!!!! This is going to be the longest week at work because I can't stop thinking about vacation...I really need to be in WDW right now, hitting single digits always makes it feel real!:mickey:

Wow--you really have a long drive! Hope it's a good one! I'm ready, too! :wave: :drive:

pdrlkr
07-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink: