PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Seeds?

disneykid99
07-16-2012, 09:21 AM
I was thinking of suprising our family with the Behinds the Seeds tour. We have two kids ages 9 and 12. I think they would like it as they love the Land ride. Please tell me what you think of this tour. What I really want to know is if you felt the tour is worth the time (time not spent doing other WDW things). I know that is really personal perference but any details you have to share would be helpful.
:thanks:

Mickey'sGirl
07-16-2012, 09:28 AM
We went two years ago with our sons, then aged 12 and 6. The tour lasted about an hour and explained some new farming techniques, pest control methods and some fun facts about things in the greenhouses. We all enjoyed the tour and felt it was worth both the time and the money. :thumbsup:

Disney Hungarian
07-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Did the tour in May. I am a carnivore, and have little interest in plants. I still found the tour to be interesting. I'm sure the guide has a lot to do with how enjoyable it will be. We had a great one. I probably would not do it again unless I was with someone who wanted to go. The price was reasonable (they have a complete list of all of the discounts accepted, with percentage off printed out, be sure to check the list for the best discount.) No regrets and would recommend it.

Strmchsr
07-16-2012, 10:55 AM
We've done it twice and enjoyed it both times. Probably the best bang-for-your-buck tour at WDW. My sons (11 & 6 on our last tour 2 months ago) have loved it both times, too. The CM's generally do a very good job of keeping kids and adults engaged.

Darbylew
07-16-2012, 10:58 AM
I have never done the tour but we love the ride so I think that the tour would be very interesting and I am thinking about taking the tour on our next trip. I think your kids would like it if they like the ride and the plants.

LandFan
07-16-2012, 11:18 AM
I've done the tour about 5 times now over the years (bringing newbies each time) and it is always great! You learn a lot and it is really fun to walk around in the greenhouse. It really is an amazing tour for the price. Definitely go!:thumbsup:

Wolf
07-16-2012, 11:33 AM
We did it 3 years ago and LOVED it, my Mom is big into plants and I could kill a cactus (and have) but we both really enjoyed it!

TinkerbellT421
07-16-2012, 12:08 PM
DBF and I have been toying with the idea of checking this tour out. We keep talking about how we want to try something new every trip. This particular tour has been thrown around in our discussions about wanting to do it.

Does anyone have a general idea of how much this tour costs? We remembered it wasn't a low (Like under $20.00ish?) But we couldn't remember what someone had said once.

Mickey'sGirl
07-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Does anyone have a general idea of how much this tour costs? We remembered it wasn't a low (Like under $20.00ish?) But we couldn't remember what someone had said once.$18 for adults.

PlutoPlanet
07-16-2012, 12:31 PM
I thought the tour was pleasant, but it can be missed. I'd recommend the tour for people who go to Disney many times. Kids 9 and 12 may find the tour like a school field trip.

disneykid99
07-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Thank you for the info. Is this something you recommend getting tickets for before we leave for our trip? (we are going mid Sept). :mickey:

Strmchsr
07-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Thank you for the info. Is this something you recommend getting tickets for before we leave for our trip? (we are going mid Sept). :mickey:

Probably not. They almost always have walkup slots available. I can't recall seeing too many times where they were booked solid for an entire day. Now, if you want to make sure you get it at a certain time of the day, advance reservations would be a good idea.

TinkerbellT421
07-16-2012, 06:49 PM
$18 for adults.

Great! thank you!!!

AllDisney
07-16-2012, 07:02 PM
We've done the tour a couple of times and we love it. I think it's worth the time & effort.

We just walked up and got tickets for the tour. Didn't do anything ahead of time and it all worked out great!

Dopey's Girl
07-16-2012, 09:25 PM
I loved the tour. It was fun to see all the sights from the other side of the fence so to speak. Well worth the cost. We ordered tickets in advance to get the AAA discount.

LVT
07-17-2012, 07:30 AM
We enjoyed it along with our 20's sons. We did get a discount with the disney visa card. It was interesting and the guide got more scientific if someone asked questions.

disneykid99
07-17-2012, 09:21 AM
We enjoyed it along with our 20's sons. We did get a discount with the disney visa card. It was interesting and the guide got more scientific if someone asked questions.

Thank you for that tip. I will see if we can get a discount with our Disney Visa. I think it is going to be fun.

sonamae80
07-17-2012, 09:33 AM
I loved the tour. It was fun to see all the sights from the other side of the fence so to speak. Well worth the cost. We ordered tickets in advance to get the AAA discount.

That's great to know! How did you go about ordering tickets in advanced? Thanks!

Strmchsr
07-17-2012, 10:56 AM
That's great to know! How did you go about ordering tickets in advanced? Thanks!

You just call the WDW Tours number and they'll hook you up. Let them know whatever discount you have - Disney Visa, AP, etc

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
07-17-2012, 11:24 AM
DD (17) and I did the tour during our June trip. We were the ONLY 2 signed up for our tour time. It was great - we got to release lady bugs on the eggplants and they had just harvested the English cucumbers so my DD walked away with a ziplock bag of freshly harvest cukes that she had with her lunch.

We both walked away having learned a lot and enjoyed it. It is something that can be done by just walking up to the counter in front of the entrance to Soarin' at any time. And they do show you the available discounts when you go to sign up. My DD and I plan on doing it again when we visit for her "I'm now over 21 and can drink around the world with my Mom" trip in several years.

emerzmom
07-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Love this. I am a big fan of Living With The Land.
Enjoy
:tink:
Julie

disneykid99
07-17-2012, 08:41 PM
DD (17) and I did the tour during our June trip. We were the ONLY 2 signed up for our tour time. It was great - we got to release lady bugs on the eggplants and they had just harvested the English cucumbers so my DD walked away with a ziplock bag of freshly harvest cukes that she had with her lunch.

We both walked away having learned a lot and enjoyed it. It is something that can be done by just walking up to the counter in front of the entrance to Soarin' at any time. And they do show you the available discounts when you go to sign up. My DD and I plan on doing it again when we visit for her "I'm now over 21 and can drink around the world with my Mom" trip in several years.

I am glad I can look into discounts when we are there. That is great news. Thank you!

It sounds like you have a fun trip coming up in a few years :thumbsup:

LauraByTheSea
07-19-2012, 08:20 PM
DH and I did the tour last year and loved it. I got to release the lady bugs :) along with a mom and her 10ish yo son. It was definitely worth it and we'll probably do it again.