PDA

View Full Version : What does water view mean for Caribbean beach

Lizzie
07-15-2012, 06:11 PM
We booked our trip for November we are staying at Caribbean beach the only options was water view room. Where does that put us? Going with my mom and she rents a scooter only in the parks. And sometimes uses a walker. Concerned about being far away from the food court and the bus stop.

Should I call a number to ask for any considerations in room assignments? She doesn't do well in asking for special considerations want to make sure she isn't in pain during the trip.

buzznwoodysmom
07-15-2012, 10:30 PM
I think water view means you'll either have a view of the lake or of a pool. Each section has a quiet pool and buildings that are facing the lake, so really your water view room can be located in just about any section that's not preferred, and also not the pirate room buildings. If you want to be close to the food court and main pool your best bet is to book a preferred room. Those cost a bit more, but you'll be in one of, I think 6 buildings (3 on each side) of the food court/main pool.

As far as the buses go, each section has their own bus stop. However, if your room is facing the lake those could be furthest from that section's bus stop since the buildings are pretty much situated between the road where the bus stops are located and the lake. You could end up on the lake side of the section.

Not sure what number you can call, but it seems I've read before that there is a phone number for guests with special needs. One thing you should definitely do is request a first floor room. CBR does not have elevators.

We are staying at CBR in a few weeks, and I booked prefered and requested first floor due to my mother's athritis. She can usually make it, but some days she needs to rent a scooter in the parks. I don't think she could comfortably be able to go up the stairs each day so my fingers are crossed we end up in a first floor room. Good luck to you!

Becca3557
07-18-2012, 01:10 PM
We have not stayed at CBR in some time, but we enjoyed the Aruba section. However, you may wish to consider the preferred buildings since they are closest to the hotel restaurants, store, etc. It is a very nice resort, but if you are in a less "convenient" building, the distance can be challenging for those with ambulatory issues.

MNNHFLTX
07-18-2012, 03:11 PM
I would definitely call and let them know what your needs are as far as room assignments, and if you have the opportunity to book a preferred room, take it. In May my son and I stayed in a preferred room (Martinique Building 25) and it was wonderfully close to Old Port Royale. It also happened to have a water view (of the lake), but that didn't matter as much to us.