PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Parade Music

MrPeetrie
07-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Hello, Intercotees. I was listening to one of my playlists when I began to think: what's my favorite parade music. For me, it's easy. It's the theme song from the Tapestry of Nations Parade. What's yours and why.

wdw dude
07-15-2012, 04:44 PM
I also picked Tapestry of Nations. I sure miss that parade...used to love it. I listen to the music on D-Cot all the time.

I also like the Boo to You Halloween Parade music.

:mickey:

LandFan
07-15-2012, 05:29 PM
I LOVE the Jammin' Jungle parade. I love the music, I love the floats, I just love it, lol. It is the only parade I make sure I watch every trip and DH knows I like it so much that he doesn't even bother to object to having to see it AGAIN, lol.

I am looking forward to seeing the regular one again instead of the Jingle Jungle version (we've gone during Thanksgiving the last 3 trips) this fall!

EpcotFan182
07-15-2012, 06:51 PM
I picked Tapestry of Nations as well, such good music!:mickey:

VWL Mom
07-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Remember the Magic will always hold a special place in my heart.

Darbylew
07-15-2012, 08:15 PM
I love the sprectromagic parade. When are they going to bring it back? I hope real soon.
Does anyone know when?

MrPeetrie
07-15-2012, 08:19 PM
The Story Behind My Choice:

My DW and I have been attending WDW since we fell in love with it in '99. Each time we would return, we'd ask our parents to join us on a trip and they'd say, "No!"

In 2002, my parents were planning a vacation in Ft. Lauderdale the same time my wife and I were going to WDW. We asked them to join us for the last four days.
"If we don't do this at least once, they'll keep asking," my dad said. "We'll go. Have a miserable time. And they won't ask again."

They arrived early and we checked them into the Caribbean Beach Resort. We went to DHS (Then Disney-MGM) where they rode Tower of Terror, Rock n Rollercoaster and The Great Movie Ride. We ate lunch at 50s Prime Time Cafe. We saw the Indiana Jones and Beauty and the Beast shows before taking a boat ride to the Boardwalk. We had a slice of pizza and walked into Epcot via the International Gateway.

Once inside, my mom kept repeating, "I love this place. I just love everything about it."

We saw Tapestry of Dreams Parade. (I first loved it when it was Tapestry of Nations.) Munched our way around the World Showcase. Watched Illuminations. Shopped in MouseGear. And took one of the last buses back to the resort. What an introduction to Walt Disney World.

The next three days were just as eventful. We saw Spectromagic and Fantasmic. My mom thought Alien Encounter was the most frightening ride EVER. On our last day, we took a bus to the Magic Kingdom then a ferry to the Grand Floridian for breakfast. Once we got inside the Magic Kingdom, my dad said, "We are definitely coming back next year! Start making plans."

We had to get from the Magic Kingdom to Epcot in time to see the parade again. My dad kept singing the song everywhere we went. We watched it a second time. Ate dinner at Italy. Saw Illuminations one last time. Shopped at MouseGear and called it a trip. My dad wanted to purchase the music to the Tapestry of Dreams Parade, but my mom said, "No! You'll get used to it and it won't have the same effect next year. Wait until we come back to hear it again."

Later that year, my wife became pregnant with our first child so the upcoming May trip with my parents was canceled. I remember that evening like it was yesterday. We told my parents we were having a baby. My mom ran to my wife and hugged and kissed her repeatedly. My dad said, "What about the Disney trip?" I told him it was off for a year.

Now the sad part:
In April of 2004, my dad was diagnosed with bilateral lung cancer. He was symptom free and appeared very healthy up to the diagnosis so we were all blown away. Two weeks later, we learned he had a brain tumor, as well, and needed to start radiation immediately. I showed up in the hospital room and joined my parents. He was very optimistic at the time. I brought a CD player and a disk. I put on his song -- parade music from Tapestry of Dreams -- and we all cried. I think we all knew he'd never make it back there.

The song has a sentimental place in my heart. To think about it, it seems silly. It's a parade song from a theme park. Nonetheless, every time I hear that song, I begin to cry. It's my favorite Disney music from my favorite place.

GBBT
07-15-2012, 08:38 PM
This thread made me have to go to live365 and now I'm listeneing to the best music!!!!!:thumbsup:

Quadstriker
07-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Electrical Parade.

Not close.

squad51
07-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Move it, shake it, celebrate it street party. My oldest dancing wit Donald was the highlight of our last trip.:number1:

Joannelet
07-16-2012, 06:37 AM
The Boo to You parade music is my favorite but since it was not a choice I chose my 2nd runner up which is the Electrical parade music :)

RAIDER
07-16-2012, 07:18 AM
Its Tapestry of Nations for me , i loved the diversty of it as well as the parade it was brilliant :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
07-16-2012, 12:52 PM
My vote went tothe "Remember the Magic Parade".
It's all because it was our first family trip to WDW, the parade is coming down Main Street and the started calling the children out to join the parade! My oldest, age 10 at the time and my youngest age 6 joined in the fun. Running around with Alladin and his float, they had such a fun time and it made such a special memory. I'm glad that I was able to videotape that moment.

I LoveJack
07-16-2012, 05:18 PM
My vote was for other for Boo to You Parade. And I like the old Electrical light music better than the new one.

big blue and hairy
07-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Although the my vote went for Tapestry of Nations/Dreams, my real vote is for Tapestry of Nations only. I absolutle love the music from that parade and I hate what they did to it when it was changed to Dreams.

Fortunately, I have the Nations version on CD, so I'm happy. :D

:sulley:

MickeysBestPal
07-16-2012, 08:34 PM
I love the sprectromagic parade. When are they going to bring it back? I hope real soon.
Does anyone know when?

The currently-under-discussion RUMOR is...
March 2013.

Stay tuned.

Georgesgirl1
07-16-2012, 08:44 PM
I love Main Street Electrical Parade, but Tapestry of Dreams is a close second.

ryca1dreams
07-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Always loved Spectromagic so I voted there.

Boo To You is cool also. I especially liked the Villians part.

EpcotChic23
07-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Mr. Peetire thank you for sharing that story behind your choice. The music of Illuminations has a special story for me as well. To some it is just stupid parade music but music in general hold special moments in all of out hearts!

MrPeetrie
07-17-2012, 02:03 PM
EpcotChic23, you are welcome.

Dr. Disney
07-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Had to go with Tapestry of Nations / Dreams (Epcot).. but I also love Spectromagic!! I listen to both at least once a week.

Park Hopper
07-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Another vote for Tapestry of Nations. I do not consider myself very artsy, but it is amazing how much I liked this. I think something about the atmosphere at Epcot at night, with the fire and lights turned down also has something to do with it. I wish they would bring this back.

DizneyFreak2002
07-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Threads like this need multiple choice LOL..

I love the SpectroMagic music, Boo to you should be on there.. Not a fan of Jammin Jungle Parade music... Tapestry of Nations is probably the best... yea.. ToN gets my vote...

Gator
07-19-2012, 01:55 PM
I really like the MK parade music, which has morphed from the 100 Years to Dreams Come True to Celebrate a Dream Come True. When that music starts, I get a great big grin. It takes me back to my first trip in 2002 and the best trip ever in 2004. Sure, I like the music from the other parades, and I did get to catch Tapestry before it went down. But the MK parade is something special.:mickey:

LauraByTheSea
07-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Boo to You, hands down. :party:

Wolf
07-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Spectromagic is one of those thats so pretty and brings up such good memories it can make me cry!!! I love it!! Boo to you is a close second but sentiment wins out every time with me!!