PDA

View Full Version : Like Leave-a-Legacy...but not.

DreamFinder2
07-15-2012, 01:47 PM
At the time, LAL (at $50 or whatever) seemed way too expensive. Now, nearly 20 years later, I really wish I had one of those postage-stamp-sized pictures, as a way to keep me connected to WDW even when I'm not there :D

Are there any other opportunities like LAL that still exist today? At one time there were bricks around 7 seas lagoon, but I think they stopped selling those, too.

Thoughts?

faline
07-15-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm not aware of any current opportunities of that sort.

Basket Mommy
07-15-2012, 04:51 PM
On our honeymoon in 1996 we bought one of those bricks. At the time it seemed like a lot of money (almost $100) for a silly brick, but I'm so glad we did it. On our last trip in January we took all 4 of our kids out to our brick (which is way past the MK Monorail station). We made them lay down and put their heads around our brick, and I took a picture. They loved seeing it (this was the first time all 4 of them had seen it; the oldest two had visited it with us before). It's one of my favorite Disney pictures ever!

I would buy another such thing in a heartbeat if Disney would offer it. I wish I could buy another brick with all 4 kids' names on it!

DVC2004
07-15-2012, 06:43 PM
No but maybe they will offer something in the future. We have a LAL, and it is of our kids on their first trip in 2002. I believe ours came as part of our vacation package. At any rate, we stop over there each time to take a look. I love seeing them as small boys again. I hope someday we'll be looking at it with their kids. :mickey:

DizneyRox
07-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Write to guest relations... We had a brick installed well after they stopped selling them officially. It's been like 6 years now, so things could have changed. It was around the $300 mark when we got it, we balked at the price back in 1996. It was double when we finally got it.

DizNee143
07-17-2012, 08:11 AM
I wish they'd bring back both..
I have a brick with my parents and sister..it's all the way out by the contemporary..
And we have quite a few leave a legacy things! Ones with my family and.. me and hubby did one when we were just dating..I'm so glad we did it! Best 35 bucks we spent! :mickey:

mechanic
07-17-2012, 03:56 PM
I heard they actually removed a bunch of the bricks for construction. As it was only for a set number of years. Are they relocating them or just saying that time is up? I always wanted one myself, but didn't like the time limit.

Basket Mommy
07-17-2012, 05:56 PM
When you buy a brick it has a section number and brick number on it. I'm not sure what happens if they have to move one. I'm assuming they just put it in another section and note the location on the map in case the owners ever want to find it again.

The papers we signed when we bought our brick said that Disney had the right to remove or destroy the bricks at any time.