PDA

View Full Version : We Going To See The SNOW!

steamboat willy
07-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Deb at MJ got us Hooked-Up with FREE DINING in December 2012......Whoooo Hhoooooo. Now we get to ENJOY all the Christmas Decorations in ALL the Parks. We can't wait to attend the MVMCP in the Magic Kingdom Park, just haven't decided on the night yet? :santa: We know about the Candlelight Procession in EPCOT, but what else is waiting on us in the 4 Parks and beyond?
:tree::santa::snowman::santa::tree:

faline
07-15-2012, 02:41 PM
How exciting!!

Lots of information here (http://intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/default.asp).

Katzateer
07-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Be sure and go to as any resorts as you can- the decorations are beautiful! Especially the Grand Floridian and Yacht and Beach Club. And a carriage ride through the campground is fun - the campers go all out. If you are going to the Hoop De Doo it is right outside the dining hall.

Have fun - great time to go!!

PlutoToo
07-15-2012, 03:13 PM
:thumbsup::number1:Osborne Lights at HS.

LandFan
07-15-2012, 05:41 PM
In Animal Kingdom:
The Jingle Jungle parade at AK is fun - and the tree outside of AK is really cool!

In EPCOT:
The Christmas storytellers at each country are really neat to listen to! We especially liked those told at Norway, Canada, Japan, Italy and Germany.

In Germany you can also get Gluhwein (Christmas wine) at a kiosk - yum!

The American pavillion has a really cool gingerbread house inside the counter service area there where they sell gingerbread men and some kind of mulled wine (I forget exactly).

In MK:
There is a castle lighting ceremony every evening that is really awesome! (like 6pm or something?)

In DHS:
Osborne Family Lights is AMAZING!!

The resorts:
GF has a huge 2-story gingerbread house in the lobby, Contemporary has a huge gingerbread and chocolate scene (was Pinocchio last time I was there) and Beach Club has a gingerbread and chocolate carousel that rotates! I am sure there are more - those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head :D

Oh, and there is Christmas music in the air EVERYWHERE!

Have so much fun! We LOVE that time of year!

goofy-4-disney
07-16-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm not sure where you are staying but definitely make time to go to the Wilderness Lodge. The tree there is amazing to see. And have others have noted, definitely make time to travel throughout all of the resorts to see how they all decorate for the holidays.

BIGDOG
07-16-2012, 03:47 PM
This is just my opion but :
WDW @ Christmas is way over rated.
I was there in 2010 mid Dec. and was not impressed with the amount of decorating at the resorts or parks.

The Mickey Christmas party and Parade
I thought the Halloween was better

The HS Osborne light were nice but crowd was huge.

Animal kingdom parade a few decorated floats.

Epcot I can't even remember anything? To be honest we didn't go up into the world showcase area just the ride areas.

It was still nice to go swimming in Dec.

Crowds were small as well

Again just my opinion ...

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-16-2012, 04:04 PM
This is just my opion but :
WDW @ Christmas is way over rated.
I was there in 2010 mid Dec. and was not impressed with the amount of decorating at the resorts or parks.

The Mickey Christmas party and Parade
I thought the Halloween was better

The HS Osborne light were nice but crowd was huge.

Animal kingdom parade a few decorated floats.

Epcot I can't even remember anything? To be honest we didn't go up into the world showcase area just the ride areas.

It was still nice to go swimming in Dec.

Crowds were small as well

Again just my opinion ...

I hate to say it, but I have to agree, with some of your points. I wouldn't say, imo, that its over rated, but financial decisions I think have causes some luster to be gone.

I like MVMCP, but if I recall it would cost my family of 5 over $300 to attend, which to me is ridiculous (for value received - we've done it twice). They run it so many times that it loses some of its uniqueness.

We were there in December of 2010 and my biggest disappointment was in EPCOT. All of our previous holiday visits you had the light up arches that transitioned you to the World Showcase and ended at the Christmas Tree. I was very surprised and extremely disappointed to find them gone. I also felt that in the past that more of the trees in general had lights in them and none were to be found.

Candlelight Processional and Osborne Family lights are two of my favorite things, combine that with the resort decorations and the Christmas on Mainstreet at the MK and its hard to not get into the spirit.

Over rated may be a bit to harsh, but I have found some things to be disappointing. We are going back this year, so it will be interesting to see if I feel the same.

emerzmom
07-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Christmas is a great time to visit WDW. The weather is mild and lots of holiday decorations. My favorite is the life size Gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian. I also enjoy doing a little Christmas shopping while I am there.
I hope you have a magical and merry time!
:santa:
Julie

steamboat willy
07-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Has the Country Bear Jamboree's Christmas version returned? It may have been an old post, but I read that it was down due to copy right issues. I love me some Big Al...:deer::deer::deer:

BIGDOG
07-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Over rated may be a bit to harsh, but I have found some things to be disappointing. We are going back this year, so it will be interesting to see if I feel the same.[/QUOTE]

Yes I may have been a little to quick to use 'OVER RATED'. I was just disappointed myself after waiting many years to be able to see WDW during the holidays it was the only time we had never visited Disney.
After seeing all the DVD and TV specials on Christmas at WDW I was just disappointed that's all. I guess In my mind I put Disney World up on a very high hard to reach pedestal. When something doesn't have the over the top Wow factor it disappoints We are all spoiled that's all. It was still better than being home shoveling snow on Cape Cod when we returned our Jet Blue flight landed in Boston with 12 inches of snow.

Dopey's Girl
07-17-2012, 06:54 PM
I love WDW at the holidays. Spend some time in the resorts, they do an amazing job. I also love seeing all of the Santas in World Showcase. It's fun to see how different cultures celebrate.

For me, seeing the Osborne Lights is also a must, especially if you are there when they flip the switch to turn them on. It's really cool!

Zawadi
07-19-2012, 12:55 PM
We enjoy the Christmas decorations in WDW and make a point of visiting the deluxe resorts.

However, the one memory that will stick with me is going to Disnleyland Paris the week before Christmas in 2010. It was 24F with 4" of REAL snow. The weather cancelled the Eurostar train back to London and we had an extra night FREE :D