PDA

View Full Version : Royal Rooms at POR more expensive?

Disneyatic
07-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Are the rates for royal rooms at POR more expensive?

Has anyone seen these in person? If they are more $$, are they worth it? I love the fiber optic headboards!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Yes, a Royal Room is more.

A standard view royal room is $23 more
A garden view royal room is $34 more
A water view royal room is $51 more and
A river view royal room is $56 more per night than a regular garden view room.

Are they worth it? We're staying in one for our upcoming trip and are excited about it, but those extra per night charges can really add up quickly!

Melanie
07-15-2012, 06:37 AM
We stayed in one last month and loved it! Worth the extra $$$ for us!

AgentC
07-15-2012, 07:29 AM
We stayed in a garden view royal room in March. I would pay the extra money again. We enjoyed all the special touches especially the headboards. I also enjoyed knowing that I would be in one of two mansion buildings without having to make a special request.

Janmac
07-16-2012, 11:36 PM
We were in a Royal Guest room in April for a week. I did like the fiber optic headboards. The theming was extensive and perhaps a bit lost on two older adults. Might have been more fun with a kid in the room.

One thing: the Royal bed spread is very heavy. I folded it and put it on the Royal bench and our Mousekeeper left it there our entire stay. This is the first time I've been in a hotel room and housekeeping did not put the bedspread back on the bed every day.

(I had to lay the Royal bedspread across both beds to fold it up it was that heavy. For some reason the Royal footman didn't show up to take care of it for me)

My cousin and her family (7 yr old boy - probably immune to the Royal touches) stayed in the room adjoining ours. They rolled their spreads and put them in a corner.

The rooms are very well themed. Lots of attention to detail and several Hidden Mickeys.

One detail I loved was the rack of coat hooks on the wall by the door. Wonderful place for rain jackets and umbrella.

Enjoy

Jan