PDA

View Full Version : What to pack?

CMCTxMom
07-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Hello most helpful Intercot readers,

We finally decided on renting DVC accomodations for our January trip! SO excited.

So, since we have a 1 bdrm, we're planning to try to do most breakfasts in our room, snacks, and some extra food for DS4 who has food allergies. At this point, not planning to do DDP (have you SEEN the price increases! OMG!). What am I not thinking of that we should be bringing? Dish soap - or do that have that? Coffee filters, I'm guessing. I'm going to bring some things, and order some <snip>.

I have nightlights on the list... what else do you pack that is helpful to have?

VWL Mom
07-14-2012, 06:43 PM
You will have 2 packs of coffee upon arrival. We bring our own coffee and filters, the pots use the basket type. Dish soap and 1 small box of laundry soap will be there and shampoo, conditioner,& shower gel. All of these items will be refilled on day 4 when you have trash and towel service.

faline
07-14-2012, 07:50 PM
I bring:

coffee packets that are already in filters - no additional filters needed
sugar packets
creamer packets
some battery powered tea lights and tea light holders for evenings out on the balcony
laundry sheets that go from washer to dryer
hand soap

We do a grocery stop and buy:
OJ
Milk
soda
chocolate chip cookies (my husband is an addict)
danish
bagels & cream cheese
cheese & crackers
cereal (when our 4 year old nephew was with us)

For most everything else, we eat out.

gardenia
07-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Salt & pepper and any other condiments you can't do without.

VWL Mom
07-15-2012, 07:55 AM
I bring:

some battery powered tea lights and tea light holders for evenings out on the balcony

I love this idea!

If you're ordering groceries you may want to add bottled water to your list, much cheaper than buying on property. Same for beer and wine.

I pack resealable bags, the small ones come in handy for phones on water rides while the larger ones work for wet ponchos and a variety of other things. You can also order some goldfish or pretzels and make a few snack packs for the little one.

TinkerbellT421
07-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Faline great idea with the battery tea lights! going to have to remember that!!

I always raid the travel section at the local Walmart and or Target and pick up odds and ends there. Band aids, qtips, travel pack of tide in the event that we don't have enough in the room, wrinkle spray, I found in the travel section, now I won't travel without it. You spray it on the clothes and hang it for fifteen minutes and bam no more fold wrinkles! dryer sheets. As far as food, I like to bring easy travel goods and snacks for the plane and the rooms. Usually bring a couple bags of popcorn, Pringles, crackers, cookies, etc. I also bring a pack able cloth cooler where we bring some sodas and stuff to the hottub and pool with us. I bought ours at target for about 15 bucks and it's works great!

DizneyRox
07-15-2012, 11:01 AM
You should be able to grab sugar, creamers, salt, pepper and even some butter at the local CS location.

gardenia
07-15-2012, 11:28 AM
You should be able to grab sugar, creamers, salt, pepper and even some butter at the local CS location.

Really? Scarfing stuff from CS for your kitchen? Ask the CS manager if that's okay with them first and see what they say.

Dyanna
07-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Aside from grocery items, you may want to pack some pants/jeans & a sweatshirt or 2. We went in Jan of 2011 & the high was in the 40's. Needless to say we were not prepared for such cold temps & went on a mini WDW clothing spending spree to keep us warm.

mgmnut
07-15-2012, 02:54 PM
We stayed in a 1BR at VWL last July and I pre-shipped my stuff. It worked out well. Staying at OKW in Aug and doing it again.

Pre-Shipped:
Pre-measured powdered laundry detergent
dryer sheets
sugar and Truvia packets
coffee
coffee filters
Sun screen
skin moisturizer for sunburns
ponchos
a couple travel size tooth paste
travel size shampoos / conditioners
travel size bar soaps
a couple dishwasher detergent gel packs
goldfish crackers and other snacks
variety pack of cereal
Cereal / Protein Bars (to grab and go)

sent it UPS Ground for short money and you can track when it arrives so you know it got there.

CMCTxMom
07-15-2012, 03:15 PM
We stayed in a 1BR at VWL last July and I pre-shipped my stuff. It worked out well. Staying at OKW in Aug and doing it again.

Pre-Shipped:
Pre-measured powdered laundry detergent
dryer sheets
sugar and Truvia packets
coffee
coffee filters
Sun screen
skin moisturizer for sunburns
ponchos
a couple travel size tooth paste
travel size shampoos / conditioners
travel size bar soaps
a couple dishwasher detergent gel packs
goldfish crackers and other snacks
variety pack of cereal
Cereal / Protein Bars (to grab and go)

sent it UPS Ground for short money and you can track when it arrives so you know it got there.

I was thinking about pre-shipping, but we're flying Soutwest, so we can bring an whole bag of food and not have to pay for it! So excited about that!

Oooh, hadn't thought about dishwasher packets - that's a good one.

fanofdisney
07-16-2012, 10:52 AM
I also love the idea of the tea lights. Putting that on my list!!! :thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
07-16-2012, 12:38 PM
We bring coffee, filters and laundry detergent. With a 1 BR we put a load of wash in the first thing in the morning, and again when we get ready for dinner. We pack less and like having clean clothes. Sometime I bring cereal for breakfast. With DVC we are not doing the dining plan. We do Tables in Wonderland instead.

PETE FROM NYC
07-16-2012, 03:39 PM
A 1 BR is so nice with a fully equipped kitchen.This is a short list of what we brought:
coffee
filters
milk
sweeteners
bread
breakfast items
sandwich fixins
zip lock bags
various drinks and mixes
purex laundry soap/dryer sheet 3 in 1
mayo, mustard, etc.
salt & pepper

MinnieMommie
08-03-2012, 02:24 PM
This sounds like a nice trip! The one bedroom will be spacious and you should really enjoy your accommodations. It's nice to have the washer and dryer and if you plan to take advantage of this option it will allow you to pack less. If you have preferences or allergies/sensitivities I recommend you bring your own laundry detergent/softener, body wash and shampoo/cream rinse.

Sounds like you might enjoy being able to use the kitchen to prepare breakfast and other snacks or meals. If you check the DVC site you will be able to find a food and price list specific to the DVC resort you will be staying at. You will also be able to buy food and have it delivered from a variety of other places. Between what you bring or have shipped down and what you order you will be able to fill your fridge with food that will work for your families needs. :mickey: