PDA

View Full Version : Cat Cora arrested for DUI

TinkerbellT421
07-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Did anyone see the story on TMZ about cat Cora rear ending a vehicle while drunk? Not to mention she allegedly called the people in the vehicle she rear ended "nerds".

Wonder if this is going to impact Kouzinna at all. I can't imagine Disney would like that type of publicity or reputation of having a restaurant on property associated with something like that.

What are your thoughts?

Pop Centurion
07-14-2012, 05:33 PM
I had to laugh when I read she called them Nerds. I don't know that it will have any impact on Kouzinna or not. I don't see why it should but you never know.

TinkerbellT421
07-14-2012, 07:11 PM
I had to laugh when I read she called them Nerds. I don't know that it will have any impact on Kouzinna or not. I don't see why it should but you never know.

What I was thinking was maybe they will not associate her name with it anymore. Just delete her name all together. I have to imagine there's a contract somewhere that has a disclaimer in it with run ins with the law. I'm curious to see if anyone like cm's hear anything.

Kenny1113
07-14-2012, 09:11 PM
I hope this has an affect on Kouzzina! They need some revamping of their customer service.

SBETigg
07-14-2012, 09:58 PM
She's a celebrity chef, very respected in her field, and she has already apologized and said she used bad judgment. I can't imagine it will affect Kouzzina in the slightest. If she had a history or had hurt someone, that would be different. Lucky for everyone that she just hit a car in a lot and I hope she has learned how serious it is to get behind a wheel impaired.

We've always had very friendly, good service at Kouzzina. There are ups and downs everywhere.

TinkerbellT421
07-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Well she was definitely more than impaired. She blew a .19 on a breathalyzer which is double the legal limit. She deserves the same punishment anyone would get for driving drunk, wether she is a celebrity chef and well respected or not. It shouldn't be based on whether or not she actually hurt anyone, I do think thank goodness she didn't hurt anyone, but it shouldn't come down to that because she didn't hurt anyone then she doesn't deserve some sort of punishment for it. What happens if she did hurt someone? only then would she deserves some sort of punishment but for now just an apology suffices?

VWL Mom
07-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Well she was definitely more than impaired. She blew a .19 on a breathalyzer which is double the legal limit. She deserves the same punishment anyone would get for driving drunk, wether she is a celebrity chef and well respected or not. It shouldn't be based on whether or not she actually hurt anyone, I do think thank goodness she didn't hurt anyone, but it shouldn't come down to that because she didn't hurt anyone then she doesn't deserve some sort of punishment for it. What happens if she did hurt someone? only then would she deserves some sort of punishment but for now just an apology suffices?

And she probably will receive the same punishment by the courts. This is a 1st offense and according to the Santa Barbara site it's punishable by a fine, 30day-6month license suspension, alcohol class, probation, and possible vehicle impound. That's the law. I also checked NJ for a comparison and our's are pretty much the same.

Disney may give her a slap on the wrist, as they have with so many of their "stars" but I wouldn't expect to see much more.

TinkerbellT421
07-15-2012, 09:46 AM
And she probably will receive the same punishment by the courts. This is a 1st offense and according to the Santa Barbara site it's punishable by a fine, 30day-6month license suspension, alcohol class, probation, and possible vehicle impound. That's the law. I also checked NJ for a comparison and our's are pretty much the same.

Disney may give her a slap on the wrist, as they have with so many of their "stars" but I wouldn't expect to see much more.

That sounds about right, I believe that's the same here in RI too. Not sure though. I found it odd though that she didn't take a mug shot that night, she returned 11 days later. Curious if that's common or not? As long as she doesn't turn into the next Lindsay Lohan then I can see Disney giving her a slap on the wrist too and in time forget the whole thing happened.

EpcotFan182
07-15-2012, 07:22 PM
I don't know if it will affect the restaurant, all I know is that she has one of the best celebrity mugshots I've seen! :funny:

TinkerbellT421
07-15-2012, 07:29 PM
I don't know if it will affect the restaurant, all I know is that she has one of the best celebrity mugshots I've seen! :funny:

Lol right! then I found out she took 11 days later! I was like, huh?! how does that happen? lol I'd like to know how that conversation goes
. "hey mr. Officer, is it cool if I go home, sober up, do my hair and throw on some lip gloss first?" lol

SBETigg
07-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Well she was definitely more than impaired. She blew a .19 on a breathalyzer which is double the legal limit. She deserves the same punishment anyone would get for driving drunk, wether she is a celebrity chef and well respected or not.

I'm not saying she doesn't deserve the appropriate legal punishment. My point was that Disney won't do anything about it, and wouldn't unless it was an even bigger legal situation/scandal.

TinkerbellT421
07-16-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm not saying she doesn't deserve the appropriate legal punishment. My point was that Disney won't do anything about it, and wouldn't unless it was an even bigger legal situation/scandal.

Sorry I didn't mean that towards you lol
Sometimes I hate typing on computers for that reason, no way to particularly specify how you mean something when it is typed! I was trying to come across as just speaking in general! :blush:

cfoshe
07-16-2012, 06:51 PM
I read that she was treated like everyone else their that gets pulled over for DUI. They go to a "safe house" to sober up, then have 30 days to go to the police station for a mug shot. The mug shot only has to be done before they appear in court. Unlike Missouri, you get pulled over for DUI, its the slammer right then with mug shot.

With the way she handled it, not blaming anyone else, I am sure Disney will have a talk with her, but should not change anything.

badkitty
07-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Does she profit from the restaurant (and I'm assuming she does)? If so, I will never eat there. Drunk driving is abominable and the laws are too lenient. Drunk drivers are typically not one-time offenders. I know this thread is about how it will affect the restaurant so I will stop there.