PDA

View Full Version : Are We Crazy---Three Hotels in Late August

GrandFlo
07-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Every year (for over 10 years) we go down and spend 10 nights at the GF. Given the cost of the GF and the upcoming refurbishments, we decided to try a value.

This August we have decided to split our stay between three hotels....

1. YC for 2 nights because we always wanted to try this resort and like the idea of walking to EPCOT.

2. ASMusic because 4 nights here is less than one night at the GF.

3. The GF for the last three nights just to enjoy hotel and go back and forth to MK.

Any tips regarding the YC and ASM would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
07-14-2012, 03:53 PM
You aren't crazy!! I think that we are though!:D We are doing 4 resorts in our late July stay. Just like you we moved our GF stay to the BC due to the construction. Which means that we have to make another trip to stay at the GF.

We stay at BWV and LOVE the walk to Epcot, so my advice is to enjoy Epcot at every chance you get. As for the ASM we like to get ground floor rooms for easier access and get a room at the back of the resort to be away from the hustle and bustle of the resort.

buzznwoodysmom
07-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Nope! Not crazy!

We leave in less than 2 weeks and are staying at 4 different resorts. We originally were booked for 6 nights at POR, but then had a change of heart. My kids wanted CBR, I wanted to stay at a resort we had not yet stayed at so we ended up booking 3 nights CBR, 3 nights YC.

Then I added a surprise night to the end of our stay at BWV. We always surprise the kids with an extra night at the end of our trips, and we always try to make it a resort that's new to us. My kids have been asking to stay at Boardwalk and my DVC friend had points to spare so we rented from her.

Then we decided to arrive a night early (another thing we do on most trips) so that we could have a full first day. The plan was to stay at a value, but DVC friend had extra points and rented us a one bedroom villa at Kidani for the same price as a value.

Before we knew it we were up to 4 different resorts on one trip! And we couldn't be more excited!

BugeyedMuggy
07-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Tho I am no fan of changing resorts we do love the YC (second to AKL) Whatever works for you to stay at some great resorts works. Have a great time.

Guya103
07-18-2012, 05:43 PM
How does it work with your park passes when you change resorts? Say you have a ten day pass but switch resorts midway through your stay, how your park passes transfer? Do the remaining days just show up on your new room key?

emerzmom
07-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Another vote for Not Crazy! We did 3 resorts in March. It was fun and the moves all went very smooth. Relax and enjoy it!
:tink:
Julie

PlutoPlanet
07-20-2012, 04:57 PM
You'll love the Yacht Club (YC). We stay at the Boardwalk (and will be there late August). The YC pool is the best on property. Spend some time there. Try burgers, ice cream or even the ice cream "kitchen sink" at Beaches and Cream.

We love being able to walk to EPCOT. The walk to DHS isn't that bad, although you may want to take the boat.

We do double split stays. Hope the triple split (seems like a high degree of difficulty) works out for you.