PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Crowds

billysmom95
07-13-2012, 05:03 PM
When do the parks get crowded for Thanksgiving week? What kind of wait times should we expect? I want to prepare our large group. :)

Strmchsr
07-13-2012, 05:20 PM
It's crowded all week, but the worst of the crowds generally begin on Wednesday and last through Saturday. Monday and Tuesday aren't too bad and things begin to slow down on Sunday. You can still find relatively short wait times (30 min or less) on some of the less popular rides, but the more popular ones will all be 60+ min waits in the standby lines. Fastpasses help cut down the waittime a good bit.

ginger19
07-17-2012, 08:49 AM
I agree with above. Monday and Tuesday are manageable but wait times will be very high by Wednesday. I can tell you that in MK on thanksgiving day, wait times for Splash Mtn and BTMRR were 90 minutes by 11:30am. We got there at 8am when it opened and almost walked on everything. We left at 11:30 when literally swarms of people were coming in.

CynBeth
07-17-2012, 05:48 PM
We went to AK on Thanksgiving Day and it was not bad at all.

emerzmom
07-17-2012, 08:13 PM
I love visiting WDW this week. It gets a little more crowded Wednesday thru Sunday as others have said but still manageable. If you are thinking about going at this time do it!
:mickey:
Julie

SueQ
07-18-2012, 11:22 AM
I have never been there on Thanksgiving. I have heard the crowds are heavy at that time. I use to like to arrive the day after Thanksgiving and stay till that following Saturday. The first 2 days were busy but on those days we would walk the resorts and check out the Christmas decorations. Sunday we would really start getting into the parks. Crowds were not bad after that. This is my favorite time of year to go. Unfortunately my husband cannot take vacation during this time.