PDA

View Full Version : AAA Diamond Parking

goofygonewild
07-13-2012, 03:38 PM
I had a few questions that hopefully someone can answer. Do all parks have AAA Diamond parking? Do you utilize this just by being a member or do you have to book your trip through AAA? Thanks!!

DizneyRox
07-13-2012, 03:42 PM
You will need a Diamond Parking pass issued by AAA. If they just give you one because you ask or if they make you book through them is different for each office it seems. I think the intent is to book your vacation through them or at least buy your tickets. Showing just your AAA membership card will get you waved over to follow the rest of the people parking that day.

eandrsmom
07-13-2012, 03:45 PM
I can't say if the waterparks have AAA parking, but I know that the other four do. You have to book your travel through AAA, not just be a member. They will send you the parking voucher with your travel documents. If you are staying offsite, you'll still have to pay for parking, but you'll have access to the AAA lots. We used it a few years ago, but weren't real impressed. There were no trams running to the AAA lots, so we found that parking in the regular lot and taking the trams was less walking. (Which makes a big difference at the END of a long day.)

Altair
07-13-2012, 03:50 PM
The earlier you arrive at the parks, the less beneficial the AAA lot is. If you arrive too late the lots will be full. :mickey:

Strmchsr
07-13-2012, 04:59 PM
We used it a few years ago, but weren't real impressed. There were no trams running to the AAA lots, so we found that parking in the regular lot and taking the trams was less walking. (Which makes a big difference at the END of a long day.)

:ditto: The only place I generally use the AAA pass is Epcot and sometimes DAK. MK and DHS definitely aren't worth it because it's a lot of extra walking and even the other two are kind of spotty on their worth. I have it, but more often than not we just pass and ride the tram. Especially now that we aren't carrying a stroller any more.

dnickels
07-13-2012, 05:37 PM
I'd echo that unless you're pushing a stroller you can't fold up you generally end up doing less walking and get to/from your vehicle to the gates faster parking in the regular lot and taking the tram.

Urbss
07-16-2012, 06:33 PM
I love the AAA Diamond parking and use it as much as possible, it is a big part of the reason that we book through AAA. (not to mention Storybook Time, special Parade Viewing, and other extras).

I realize that there might be a little bit of an extra walk, but it really isn't all that much extra and it usually saves time from waiting for trams (especially at the end of the day when we just want to get the heck moving).

And, to keep it in perspective, the one day in 2010 that we were at EPCOT and then to MNSSHP, we walked over 14 miles (according to my pedometer). Honestly, walking another 1/20th of a mile is not going to make that much difference. (kind of reminds me of the folks that park in handicap spaces at the mall and then walk around for 3-4 hours - but they got a great parking space - makes no sense to me).

azcavalier
07-17-2012, 12:45 PM
We have used it on two trips, and we came to the conclusion that for us, it's not a benefit. We are always there first thing, anyway, and so we park up front, regardless of whether or not it's AAA Diamond Parking.

We used AAA for the discounts and the parking, but have come to the conclusion that booking through Magic Journeys gets us just as good or better discounts, and the parking difference is negligible.