PDA

View Full Version : Dining for Children Under 3

ILoveMickey'77
07-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Later next year I will be traveling to the World with 2 kids under 3. I know the dining plan is for 3 and above.

Our kids need their own meals and don't eat off our plates.

My question is, does anyone know if we can purchase the children's dining plan for them?

Thanks in advance!

CanadianWDWFan
07-13-2012, 03:03 PM
You will have to pay out of pocket for your kids. As you said the dining plan is only for 3 and older. We tried to purchase the plan when our kids were under 3 and were told that we couldn't do it.

At buffets they won't have to pay but you can get them their own plates.

DizneyRox
07-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Sure you can buy them the dining plan, just list their ages as 3 or older. You'll need to heed by occupancy rules as well however. If you're going with a package, you'll need to purchase tickets too I believe..

ChipNDale79
07-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Sure you can buy them the dining plan, just list their ages as 3 or older. You'll need to heed by occupancy rules as well however. If you're going with a package, you'll need to purchase tickets too I believe..

So it sounds like it would be cheaper to purchase their meals out of pocket then.

DizneyRox
07-13-2012, 10:28 PM
So it sounds like it would be cheaper to purchase their meals out of pocket then.
That wasn't the question, but generally, I'd agree with you...

joonyer
07-14-2012, 09:59 AM

Way cheaper. But shhh. Don't give Disney any ideas. Nest thing you know they'll be charging for babies.

ChipNDale79
07-14-2012, 12:53 PM
That wasn't the question, but generally, I'd agree with you...

ILoveMickey77 is my wife, we were trying to figure out what was cheaper, purchasing just a dining plan for our kids, or paying out right for the meals.

I think we know the answer now.

DizneyRox
07-14-2012, 02:42 PM
ILoveMickey77 is my wife, we were trying to figure out what was cheaper, purchasing just a dining plan for our kids, or paying out right for the meals.

Paying outright for everyone's meals is probably cheaper. The dining plan in general isn't a good value.

ElenitaB
07-14-2012, 10:39 PM

Just wanted to point out that whatever you have as parents will also apply to your children. Everyone on the same reservation must have the same arrangements (i.e., dining plan or no dining plan). As there is no charge for the little ones and you would have to pay out-of-pocket for any meals you do buy them, your decision might better be made from the point of view of what works better for you and your wife, how many buffets or family-style dining restaurants you plan to go to, etc.

Have fun planning!

Goofy4TheWorld
07-15-2012, 12:16 PM

Just to clarify, Disney rules say that you can't purchase the dining plan for a two year old without ALSO purchasing them park passes as part of a package reservation. Since two year olds do not need park passes it would obviously be WAY cheaper to just pay OOP for their food.