PDA

View Full Version : question about an old park pass

LoriSan
07-13-2012, 11:34 AM
I have 1 day left on an old 4 day hopper from 1998. I know the one day is still valid, but is the hopping privledge still good?

disneymom15
07-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Yes, if your ticket is a hopper, then your last remaining day is a hopper.

WRWDisney
07-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Just to clarify one point. It is only good for admission/hopping to those parks open at the time the ticket was issued. Now, since your ticket is from 1998, that should not pose any problems for you (The Walt Disney World Resort opened October 1, 1971, with the Magic Kingdom theme park; the resort expanded with the opening of Epcot in 1982, Disney-MGM Studios--now Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom in 1998). However, I wanted to include this information for anyone that follows this thread or ever has it turn up in a search.

DizneyRox
07-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Just to clarify one point. It is only good for admission/hopping to those parks open at the time the ticket was issued. Now, since your ticket is from 1998, that should not pose any problems for you (The Walt Disney World Resort opened October 1, 1971, with the Magic Kingdom theme park; the resort expanded with the opening of Epcot in 1982, Disney-MGM Studios--now Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom in 1998). However, I wanted to include this information for anyone that follows this thread or ever has it turn up in a search.
That requirement that the park be open when the ticket was purchased is no longer accurate. Tickets are good at all 4 parks now.

disneymom15
07-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Quick FYI
Studios opened May 1, 1989 (not 1998)

MickeysBestPal
07-13-2012, 06:15 PM
That requirement that the park be open when the ticket was purchased is no longer accurate. Tickets are good at all 4 parks now.

Ditto.

CMCTxMom
07-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Agree with above-

I used an old WDW ticket at DLR a few years ago, and to my surprise they gave me a park hopper to both DL and DCA! It was awesome! It stinks that the no-expiration is no longer a standard part of the tickets. That was really nice.

CleveRocks
07-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Please keep in mind that using up that one day from the old ticket will only make financial sense for you if you plan on doing Disney theme parks for 3 or fewer days during this upcoming trip.

The price difference between a 3-day ticket and a 4-day ticket is only $14. The difference between a 4-day and 5-day ticket is only $12. And then after that, each additional day (up to 10 total days) costs only $10.

By contrast, if you're going to a park only one day, then by all means, use that ticket and save yourself the $89. And then the price difference between that 1-day ticket and a 2-day ticket is $87, so using that old 1 day left would certainly be worth it. And so on.

But if you're gonna be going to parks for, say, 6 days, then I say you're better off holding on to that old ticket for some unknown future time rather than using it to save only 10 bucks.

j2k
07-14-2012, 11:45 PM
I agree with the previous information. I have one day remaining on a hopper from 1999. I'm not using it on our upcoming trip because it doesn't make sense. I'm saving it for a future date when I may only be making a 1 or 2 day stopp in at WDW. If I remember I will bring the ticket on this upcoming trip to have it checked in the WDW system to ensure it's still a good ticket.