PDA

View Full Version : Caricatures at Beach Club?

buzznwoodysmom
07-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Do they do caricatures at BC? And if so where is it located?

My friend's son is going to WDW with a friend next week. The one thing his mother wants him to bring back is a caricature of himself. She doesn't want to inconvenience the friend's parents so she was hoping they do them at the resort they are staying at. This way he can have it done while they are at the pool one day, and be able to save it in the room and not have to carry it around the parks. We've stayed at BC before, and have visited several times, yet I don't recall if they have a caricature artist set up anywhere at this resort. If someone could tell me if they do, and also what location they can be found that would be great! Thanks!

JERSEYDISFAN
07-13-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't know of a caricature artist at the BC however, you might consider the alternative of a portrait artist at the France Pavilion. It's a quick walk over from the BC through the International Gateway and on the day they would be in EPCOT he could have the portrait done and run it right back to the BC for safekeeping. I'm not sure of the cost but am sure someone will be along shortly with that info.

BrerGnat
07-13-2012, 12:13 PM
There is a portrait artist in the lobby of the BC. Not really a caricature artist, though. She does what appear to be either colored pencil or pastels of people. From what I have seen, she works off of photographs. The child doesn't sit there for the duration. So, if that interests your friend, have her bring a few good photos of her son along.

She is located sort of in the back, near where the entrance to the BC marketplace is by the elevator bank.

buzznwoodysmom
07-13-2012, 12:18 PM
There is a portrait artist in the lobby of the BC. Not really a caricature artist, though. She does what appear to be either colored pencil or pastels of people. From what I have seen, she works off of photographs. The child doesn't sit there for the duration. So, if that interests your friend, have her bring a few good photos of her son along.

She is located sort of in the back, near where the entrance to the BC marketplace is by the elevator bank.

I did tell my friend about that artist. She's stayed at BC before and remembered the location of it as well. I think she was hoping for a caricature of him since each of her girls did a caricature on their last trip to WDW. She would like to have one of each child.

BrerGnat
07-13-2012, 12:23 PM
I honestly haven't seen caricature artists at Disney World for a long time.

My sister and I had one done back in the late 90's, as they used to be very popular back then.

Nowadays, all the artists at Disney tend to want to take their work VERY seriously. ;)

buzznwoodysmom
07-13-2012, 01:09 PM
I honestly haven't seen caricature artists at Disney World for a long time.

My sister and I had one done back in the late 90's, as they used to be very popular back then.

Nowadays, all the artists at Disney tend to want to take their work VERY seriously. ;)

My kids each had one done at the Poly in Oct. of 2010. At the Poly it was located on the second floor in the waiting area by Ohana's, this is the same location one of my nephews got his caricature done years ago, like back in 2004. They also have had a caricature artist set up by the gift shop at WL for as long as I can remember, and I'm pretty sure it was still there when we were there Chrsitmas of 2011. Some of my nephews have caricatures of them that they had done at All Star Sports a couple years ago. So I know they still do these, at least as of a year or so ago. I guess they're just not at every resort.

I just got off the phone with my friend. She ended up calling BC and was told that they do not have a caricature artist on location at that resort.

Mickey'sIrishPAl
07-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Downtown Disney has some great caricture artists. It has been a tradition to get the kids drawn every year we go.

Darbylew
07-16-2012, 11:02 AM
I think they are all around you just have to look for them. I know there is one in the lobby at POFQ. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN 78 DAYS!! :D