PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Food and Fun Center

Tigerinvestigator
07-12-2012, 04:11 PM
We are preparing for our trip to WDW next week and just thinking about all of the wonderful trips we have taken. We started talking about the old food and fun center at the Contemporary resort. During the early 1980's this was one of the best parts of WDW. Before Disneyquest, all of the water parks (except River Country), Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and DTD (it was just the small Disney Village), and all of the current resorts, the Contemporary resort was the place to go. I remember the shooting gallery and what seemed like hundreds of arcade games. There was even a theatre in the back which showed Disney movies. I remember one year we watched the Snowball Express in that theatre. It is now one of my favorite all time disney movies because of that. Incredible memories that will never be forgotten. Now there is a small arcade in every resort but nowhere near as big and fun as the original at the CR!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
07-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Yes, I remember the original. It was pretty amazing to me on our first trip in 81. We stayed at the Contemporary. I was 12. I met a boy there. We played some games together and my grandfather teased me about it. Good memories.