PDA

View Full Version : Princess Dinner

disneynarula
07-12-2012, 07:59 AM
We have booked a dinner at Akershus. Do most of the little girls dress in princess clothes? I am a pretty decent seamstress so I could easily make a dress. Would it seem like I was a slacker if I just made a princess dress or do most girls have disney princess dresses?

AgentC
07-12-2012, 08:29 AM
A lot of the little girls do wear princess dresses but many do not. We have gone 3 times and I have just had my daughter in a nice sundress.

I think if you made a dress it would be lovely and probably much more comfortable than a Disney princess gown. We did the BBB last year and my daughter did not last until our meal in her dress. :)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
07-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Yes, many of the little girls that were there were wearing princess costumes. The princesses that were out when my DD and I ate there in June were - Snow White, Ariel, Cinderella, and Alice - Belle in her yellow dress was who we took our photo with.

Most of the girls in the Princess parade around the restaurant were in costumes of some shape or form. Some were just in tiaras, some in full head to TOE (some of those little plastic shoes were painful to look at), and some just had a dress tugged on over their park clothes.

Wolf
07-12-2012, 09:23 AM
I think a homemade one would be great, plus your daughter will have something different from all the other girls, just add some sparkle so she doesen't feel left out on the glitter quota :mickey:

disneynarula
07-12-2012, 09:28 AM
I think I might make a Merida type dress but maybe in pink. It's actually a pretty simple pattern. I want to make it long sleeved so she can wear it for Halloween but is the restaurant pretty well air conditioned?

Pop Centurion
07-13-2012, 04:46 PM
I think I might make a Merida type dress but maybe in pink. It's actually a pretty simple pattern. I want to make it long sleeved so she can wear it for Halloween but is the restaurant pretty well air conditioned?I'd consider the temperature to be comfortable. Not too cold not too warm.

biodtl
07-16-2012, 02:17 PM
We went for breakfast and there were very few in costume. My daughter was dressed up, but rather than a big princess gown, which can get hot, I made her Belle's blue & white dress and it was perfect. Plus, she loved having something different.