PDA

View Full Version : Christmas attractions ?

Expedition Everest
07-11-2012, 10:36 PM
I'll be in the World from 11/14 through 11/18. Anyone which, if any, of the Christmas attractions will be out ? I know that Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party will be running.
Thanks.

Main Street Jim
07-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Illuminations has a special Holiday edition; I'm not sure when it starts/ends right off-hand.

The World Showcase countries have the Christmas story told in their native land.

The MVMCP is a separate ticket (if you didn't already know), and includes the parade<s>, fireworks, and the "Celebrate the Season" castle show, along with "Cinderella's Wish" (the snow on the Castle). The parks should be all decorated by then; when I worked at MK, we used to joke that midnight Halloween night was really Christmas at the park because that's when the decorations start going up :)

<<Country Bear Jamboree *used* to get a Christmas show, but hasn't had one since 2005.>>

mechanic
07-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Candle light processional and reading of christmas story at Epcot is a must see for us. If its running that early. Also the voices of liberty singers do holiday music at the American pavilion.

MickeysBestPal
07-12-2012, 05:10 AM
Illuminations has a special Holiday edition; I'm not sure when it starts/ends right off-hand.

The World Showcase countries have the Christmas story told in their native land.

Candle light processional and reading of christmas story at Epcot is a must see for us. If its running that early. Also the voices of liberty singers do holiday music at the American pavilion.

Sorry, but none of the Epcot happenings described above will start until Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, which is Nov. 23 in 2012.

The parks should be all decorated by then; when I worked at MK, we used to joke that midnight Halloween night was really Christmas at the park because that's when the decorations start going up :)

During the OP's dates, the Christmas trees should be up at DHS and DAK, maybe at Epcot. Not sure when they set the deadline for fully decorating Epcot (since nothing Christmas-wise "happens" there until post Thanksgiving, but sorry to say that Epcot no longer gets as much Christmas 'treatment' as it used to.
The MK will be decorated, but its Christmas Tree won't go up until Dec. 3 or 4, after the taping of the ABC-TV Disney Parks Christmas Parade.

Besides the MK parties (and Castle Ice/Dream Lights, nightly,) the other main Christmas events at the theme parks that should be going would be the Osborne Lights at DHS and (maybe) Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade at DAK.

The Grand Floridian's "life sized" Gingerbread House should be in the lobby during at least part of the OP's trip.
The Christmas decor at all of the resorts should be (at least) in process of going up, too.

VWL Mom
07-12-2012, 05:54 AM
:welcome: to INTERCOT

We left for home on November 8th last year and were able to see many of the decorations up. We went to sleep one night and it was Halloween and woke up to Christmas! They usually start putting the decorations up the night after the last MNSSHP party which is November 2nd this year.

TinkerbellT421
07-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Yay! you finally made it on! hehe. You will find this site highly enjoyable and fun, you will find yourself checking it several times a day :blush: lol but I think I've already told you that!

:welcome: :mickey: see you on Facebook and at cards come September, or is it October? lol

civilmousefan
07-13-2012, 08:14 AM
This is the week that we go every year. Not counting weekends - crowd levels are low. The parks and resorts seem to be in the process of being decorated for Christmas during this period. At POP last year, we were in the lobby late one evening and back early the next morning. During the night a huge fully decorated Christmas tree showed up - as if by Magic.

For this period we have certain 'must dos.' The first would be the lighting of the Castle. Second, we always buy tickets for the MVMCP and third the Osborne Lights.

Have fun and maybe we'll see you there!!!

BIGDOG
07-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Our last trip was 2009 2nd week in Dec. and I was not too impressed with overall decorating thru out any of the parks or resorts. I expected more than a few wreaths and garland here and there.
The Beach club had a ginger bread dispaly
the Castle had assorted colored lights.
MK main street wreaths and garland
The Osborne thing was overkill

Pop Centurion
07-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Not sure of an exact date but there's also the festival of the seasons at DTD.

MickeysBestPal
07-13-2012, 06:10 PM
Our last trip was 2009 2nd week in Dec. and I was not too impressed with overall decorating thru out any of the parks or resorts.

1- I expected more than a few wreaths and garland here and there.
The Beach club had a ginger bread dispaly
the Castle had assorted colored lights.
MK main street wreaths and garland

2- The Osborne thing was overkill

1- Not enough.

2- Too much.

Got it.

;)